Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Authenticity Is As Rare As A Unicorn In Today's Politically-Motivated Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Ronald Stoeferle: Gold Bottoming; Higher Inflation Ahead | Financial Sense
- William O'Brien, Infamous CEO Of BATS, Has Left The Firm | ZeroHedge
- Europe Agrees To Disagree Over New Russian Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- "I Was Absolutely Shocked At What I Read," Congressman Calls For Release Of Secret 9/11 Documents | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Desperate To Put Ukraine In Rearview Mirror But More Russian Sanctions Loom | ZeroHedge
- Cows Versus Bulls | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Revolting Images Supposedly Show Chinese Plant That Sold Expired Meat To McDonald... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Top High School Basketball Player Signs $1.2 Million Contract In China Instead Of Going To College... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's How Specially Formulated Pills Keep Addicts From Abusing Them | Business Insider
- LIVE: Obama Delivers Statement On Ukraine | Business Insider
- 17 Crazy Facts That Sound Fake But Are Actually True | Business Insider