Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Futures Prices Divorced From Physical Markets For Now | ZeroHedge
- ECB's Bizarro QE Taper May Add To Summer Bond Market Volatility, Citi Says | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- Greece's Problem | ZeroHedge
- Chinese IPO 826 Times Oversubscribed | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- With All Major Markets Closed For Holiday, Here Are The Major News | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There is a crazy theory going around Prague that says Google will acquire Twitter (TWTR,... | Business Insider
- Greece to keep repaying creditors as long as it can:... | Business Insider
- 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed... | Business Insider
- Charter Communications is near an agreement to buy Time Warner Cable for $... | Business Insider
- I just finished Marvel's new 'Daredevil' series and was completely... | Business Insider
- Fears for pink iguanas as Galapagos volcano erupts | Business Insider
- Sharapova, Murray get French Open bids underway | Business Insider