Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China "Is Not Another US", Does Not Seek "Yuan Hegemony" | ZeroHedge
- Are Central Banks "Rigging" Rates or Dealing With Past Sins? | Financial Sense
- Silver Projection, Dollar Correction | ZeroHedge
- Top 100 Ranked Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Active vs. Passive Redux | Financial Sense
- Ugly, Tailing 7 Year Auction Prices At Lowest Bid To Cover Since May 2009 | ZeroHedge
- "I'm Not Stupid" Monsanto Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Weedkiller After Proclaiming "It Won't Hurt You" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Slack, the chatting app for co-workers that's worth more than $1 billion, has been hacked | Business Insider
- Michael Sam says 'famous' NFL players have come out to him as gay | Business Insider
- El Nino is heating the ocean around California, but won't deliver the... | Business Insider
- Why Amanda Knox is completely innocent and the Italian justice system is utterly insane | Business Insider
- Researcher shows a ridiculously easy way to hack into smart... | Business Insider
- Should we be more concerned about the mental health of pilots? | Business Insider
- How this 'night owl' CEO created a morning routine that makes her a better... | Business Insider