Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Prepare For GDP Downgrades: Eurasian Snow Flashes Polar Vortex 2.0 Warning | ZeroHedge
- Wealth Inequality Is Not A Problem, It’s A Symptom | ZeroHedge
- Maxed Out? Benefits of Further Easing Questioned in Japan as Economic Costs Increase | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- Market Uncertainty Has Never Been Higher | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Nepal rescuers find 34 more trekkers, 12 bodies... | Business Insider
- While Tim Cook Is Gushing About Apple Pay, Here's What's Going On With Google... | Business Insider
- Whisper CEO Tells Users To Email Him If... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Fannie And Freddie Near Deal To Boost Mortgage... | Business Insider
- What Silicon Valley Looked Like In 1991 | Business Insider