Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts: Trump Vs. Hillary Summarized | ZeroHedge
- Rate Hike Jitters Return In Poor, Tailing 7Y Treasury Auction | ZeroHedge
- "Central Banks Now Own $25 Trillion Of Financial Assets" | ZeroHedge
- The Reckoning Looms - Central Bankers Really Don't Know What They're Doing | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Memo Exposes George Soros' Plan To Overthrow Putin & Destabilise Russia | ZeroHedge
- Restaurants In D.C. Slash Jobs After Minimum Wage Hike | ZeroHedge
- Uber & Out? nuTonomy Launches First Driverless Taxi Service In Asia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- The embattled judge who sentenced Brock Turner to just 6... | Business Insider
- Netscape's billionaire cofounder Jim Clark is selling his Florida mansion... | Business Insider
- Express' online sales have declined again (EXPR) | Business Insider
- Virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa look poised to explode | Business Insider
- World trade keeps falling | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking... | Business Insider