Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Portugal's Ruling Coalition Prevails As Country Votes In What Amounts To Austerity Referendum | ZeroHedge
- The Unwind Of QE Means The "S&P Should Be Trading At Half Of Its Value", Deutsche Bank Warns | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? | Financial Sense
- Furious Auto Workers Demand More Than "Hot Dogs And Hamburgers" As US Car Sales Soar | ZeroHedge
- ReDLiNe... | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- "How Will The Public Receive News Of More QE, NIRP, Cash Bans And Capital Controls?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Private equity has generated dozens of billionaires — but these firms... | Business Insider
- Mainstream Portuguese moderates expected to prevail in... | Business Insider
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates... | Business Insider
- Incredible video of bees swarming their hive in slow motion | Business Insider
- Palestinian attacker wounds several Israelis in Jerusalem... | Business Insider
- Here come eurozone services PMIs... | Business Insider
- Cyclist descends faster than motorcycles, wins race | Business Insider