Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pity the Sub-Genius | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
- Young and Dumb Again | Financial Sense
- Pressures On The US Economy Just Increased | ZeroHedge
- There Goes The Shopping Spree: Nor'easter May Hit East Coast For Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Buffett and Other Billionaires Give Their Best Investing Advice | TheStreet.com
- Awkward LeBron James Anecdote Shows How Screwed Up The Cavs Are Right... | Business Insider
- Shebab Islamists claim responsibility for deadly... | Business Insider
- Vargas retains WBA super lightweight crown in Macau | Business Insider
- Former ZocDoc Employee Says She Is Suing The Company Following Sexual Harassment | Business Insider
- Check Out These Insane, Ridiculously Fast Volkswagen Concept Cars | Business Insider
- It's Insanely Expensive, But There's A Secret Benefit Of Living In... | Business Insider