Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stephen Roach Says Trump's Right On Globalization: It's A Broken System | ZeroHedge
- "Bigger Than Brexit?" | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Helicopter Money Coming and It Will Boost Gold Market to New Highs | Financial Sense
- Our Monetary System Favors The Rich & Hurts The Poor | ZeroHedge
- Manic Day Leaves S&P, Bonds, Gold, Crude, Dollar Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- "We Live In A Dystopic, Orwellian Ball Of Crazy" | ZeroHedge
- Durable Goods Orders Crash Most In 2 Years - Longest Non-Recessionary Streak Of Declines In US History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 signs you're rich, even if it doesn't feel like it | Business Insider
- The editor in chief of a magazine that reaches millions worldwide shares her best... | Business Insider
- A higher education professor explains why Hillary Clinton’s new college plan won’t... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about 'Doctor Strange' — Marvel's next big superhero... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook can’t pronounce Pokémon but he still thinks it... | Business Insider
- Verizon’s $5 billion deal with Yahoo seems like an alliance of the weakest | Business Insider
- 7 gorgeous yurts that you can 'glamp' in | Business Insider