Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- Are You Faster Than A Stock Market Spoofer? | ZeroHedge
- Activity Versus Inactivity | Financial Sense
- Cybersecurity Companies in the "Military-Internet Complex" | Financial Sense
- Are Oklahoma's Quakes Caused By Wastewater Disposal? (Spolier Alert: Yes!) | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Oil Glut: How High Can It Go? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The co-founder of Uber has a new app with a waitlist that's 80,000 people long | Business Insider
- There's a compelling reason... | Business Insider
- Biogen shares are tanking because a 71% surge in profits just wasn't enough (BIIB, IBB... | Business Insider
- There could be a big problem with why the economy has been tanking in the winter | Business Insider
- If you were looking for a sign that we've hit 'The Top,' here... | Business Insider
- The new show all of Wall Street is talking about has another huge guest coming | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (GOOG, AMZN, MSFT, CMCSA,... | Business Insider