Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ferguson Cop Points Gun At Protesters And Press, Screams "I Will F***ing Kill You", Has Been "Relocated" | ZeroHedge
- THe LiBeRaToR... | ZeroHedge
- Ten Killed From "Ebola-Like Symptoms" In Africa's Second Largest Country | ZeroHedge
- 1000s Of Firms Aren't Paying An "Obamacare Tax", IRS Audit Finds 24% Shortfall | ZeroHedge
- Finish the Hymn with These Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Obama Sending More Troops To Iraq: What's Wrong With These 3 "Boots On The Ground" Headlines | ZeroHedge
- A Methodical GoPro Trade | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- A Startup Just Raised $3 Million After Inventing This Smart Cup That Can Tell You What... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Judge Takes Deployed Sailor's Daughter And Gives Temporary Custody To Her Mother | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- This Elite Helicopter Unit With The World's Best Pilots Took Part In The Effort To Rescue James Foley | Business Insider