Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Friend & Ally" Or "Barbaric Death Cult" - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley To Cull 25% Of Fixed Income Jobs Within 2 Weeks As Revenues Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- Number Of Millennials Living In Parents' Basement Climbs (Again); Weddings Blamed (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Market Panics After Arrest Of Brazilian Lawmaker: "Never Have We Had So Little Certainty About Tomorrow" | ZeroHedge
- BTFD "Is Coming To An End" JPM Warns, As It Lowers Equity Allocation Most In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- Greek Prime Minister Joins Diplomatic Scandal Between Russia And Turkey With 4 Tweets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | Business Insider
- Inside the secret online marketplace where you can anonymously buy guns, porn, and drugs | Business Insider
- Obama hopes to marshal strong action against climate... | Business Insider
- RBS and Standard Chartered came close to failing a... | Business Insider
- British Museum to launch exhibit of Egypt's '... | Business Insider
- The director of the new movie about Steve Jobs says... | Business Insider
- The FBI is about to label animal cruelty as a 'crime against... | Business Insider