Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Special Order Types and Exchange Blathering | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen, a 'White Dove'? | ZeroHedge
- (Part IV) Bail-In Regimes - The Key Attributes and Who Is Driving? | ZeroHedge
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- The Hunger for Munger | iBankCoin.com
- What have the Japanese been Buying ? | ZeroHedge
- The Kress Cycle and the Fate of the Middle Class | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How Much Google Should Pay To Have Its... | Business Insider
- Sonic Apologizes For Sign Urging Kansas City Chiefs To '... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Our Clients Are More Bullish About Stocks Than We Are (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- The One Interview Question That Reveals How Candidates See... | Business Insider
- Local Police Departments Have Been Driving Fake Cell Towers Into Neighborhoods To... | Business Insider
- Inside All Of This Weekend's Star-Studded Art Basel Parties In Miami [PHOTOS... | Business Insider
- Barry Ritholtz Explains Why Hedge Funds Have Lousy Performance | Business Insider