Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Is Scared: "What Needs To Be Done" In Its Own Words | ZeroHedge
- "Someone" Desperately Intervened to Save Stocks Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
- Agency Bond Rigging Probe Expands As Europe Grills Banks On SSA Debt | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Thinks Unemployment Is 42% | ZeroHedge
- Social Justice, Prosperity, and Precious Metals | ZeroHedge
- BP's Stunning Warning: "Every Oil Storage Tank Will Be Full In A Few Months" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Use this emoji hack to simplify one of Snapchat's most confusing features... | Business Insider
- Why finding your 'biological prime time' could be the key... | Business Insider
- This model was dropped from her agency for her size—now she's the face of Victoria's Secret's... | Business Insider
- A rare glance into the heart of a WWI German U-boat | Business Insider
- The Super Bowl is getting closer to its ultimate destination — the third Sunday in... | Business Insider
- The most over-the-top amenities you can get at 28 hotels around the world | Business Insider
- The fight for South Carolina is about to get ugly | Business Insider