Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rent Affordability In Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Is What Happens When the Pie Is Shrinking | Financial Sense
- "Deutsche Bank Poses The Greatest Risk To The Global Financial System": IMF | ZeroHedge
- The TARGET2 Chart Shows A Breakdown Of The Central Bank Narrative | ZeroHedge
- Islamic State Blamed For Istanbul Terror Attack That Killed 41 | ZeroHedge
- WTF WTI | ZeroHedge
- "You Want To Own Gold" Marc Faber Warns "Brexit Is The Excuse For QE4" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Following these 4 steps will help you profit from market bubbles | Business Insider
- This cut 'SNL' sketch shows just how talented Drake is | Business Insider
- It looks like even Beijing isn't sure what it is trying to achieve in the... | Business Insider
- The Steelers practice a strange workout where they hurl giant medicine... | Business Insider
- This tiny bag contains a blow-up couch that takes... | Business Insider
- Facts about today's teens' technology, social media use and sex | Business Insider
- Lionsgate is buying Starz for $4.4 billion | Business Insider