Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An Inadvertent Warning From BlackRock - Get Your Money Out Of Mutual Funds ASAP | ZeroHedge
- European Failures Coming Fast And Heavy Now | ZeroHedge
- Ahead Of The Open: Deer In Headlight "Traders" Pray For The Plunge Protection Team To Arrive | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed: Manufacturing Grew Modestly in June | Financial Sense
- "Uncontained" - Greek Stocks Crash 17% As European Banks Plunge Most In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Pension Funds Are "Compromising Their Solvency" OECD Warns | ZeroHedge
- ECB Strikes Back: Threatens With Greek Deposit Haircut If And When ELA Found To Be "Illegal" On Wednesday | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best cocktail in 20 countries around the world | Business Insider
- Iran FM returning to Tehran from nuclear talks: media | Business Insider
- The White House is making a huge step towards... | Business Insider
- Absolutely everything you need to know about Greece... | Business Insider
- 57 countries hold signing ceremony to set up China-led... | Business Insider
- The surprising facts about who shops online and on mobile... | Business Insider
- Rousseff urges investors to get on Brazil bandwagon | Business Insider