Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Things The Libertarian Party Stands For | ZeroHedge
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Venezuela's Gold Reserves Plunge To Lowest Ever As Maduro Repays Debt With Gold | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving... To The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- How Russia Is Preparing For WWIII | ZeroHedge
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SAM ZELL: It's really hard not to be a seller in real estate right... | Business Insider
- Here's your most urgent debt, according to a financial... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- I might have found the best hot dog in America — and it's not where you... | Business Insider
- Twitter investors were sharply divided over Jack... | Business Insider
- YELLEN: We didn't see the financial crisis coming (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC) | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is winning in the battle of fitness trackers | Business Insider