Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Year of the Gas | Financial Sense
- A Proper Portfolio | iBankCoin.com
- Obama Administration Encouraged Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- More Titanic Snobbiness | iBankCoin.com
- Princeton Study Confirms 'US Is An Oligarchy' | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take A Look At The Office Where Reddit Employees Control The Front Page Of The Internet | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- Instagram Shoots Past Facebook And Twitter In Popularity... | Business Insider
- How Companies Like Fitbit And Nest Could Make Money... | Business Insider
- Alibaba's Quarterly Revenues Top $3... | Business Insider
- Nissan Just Revolutionized The Rearview Mirror | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com