Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- NATO Member Busted Supporting ISIS … Now Declares War Against ISIS, But Instead Bombs Its Political Rival (the Main Force ... | ZeroHedge
- China's 1929 Moment | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Is Turkey On The Path To Restoring The Ottoman Empire? | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Patton | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how Derek Jeter tries to keep his private life... | Business Insider
- People are starting to walk differently because of texting | Business Insider
- How nice guys can finish first | Business Insider
- Cook sets sights on back-to-back wins | Business Insider
- 2 Turkish soldiers killed, 24 wounded... | Business Insider
- Here’s why the New York City subway is always delayed | Business Insider
- Breathtaking photos show how... | Business Insider