Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Purchase Of HCLP For $44.48 | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Fireworks Fly As Peter Schiff Warns "An Economy That Lives By QE, Dies By QE" | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- FOMC Ends The QE Dream, Keeps "Considerable" Period Hopes Alive - Full Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
- New American Dream: Rented Housing and Public Transit | Financial Sense
- How Money is Made & Printed | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Younis leads Pakistan charge against sloppy Australia | Business Insider
- Stocks Are Lower Ahead Of The Fed (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, FB, ORB, FCAU) | Business Insider
- Top Gear Is Going On The Ultimate Road Trip Again — And The Trailer Looks Amazing... | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Rise as Investors Digest 3.5% GDP Growth, More Hawkish Fed | TheStreet.com
- Fed's Bond Buying Ends, but Rates Could Stay Low for Years | TheStreet.com
- Art Cashin Recounts What Happened 85 Years Ago Today When The Stock Market Crashed | Business Insider
- Obscure Swiss Referendum Could Roil Gold and Currency Markets | TheStreet.com