Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Wrap: Futures Unchanged Despite Latest Chinese Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 2, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Meet The Philly Fed's New President (No, He Didn't Work At Goldman) | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
- Lehman-Like Spending Collapse Sparks Panic-Buying - Nasdaq 5,000; S&P, Dow Records | ZeroHedge
- A Peek Inside The Chaos Of A Jobless Claims Website | ZeroHedge
- Which New World Order Are We Talking About? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett: I don't have the investment opportunities I used to (BRKA,... | Business Insider
- Tesla is up against a critical risk faced by no one else... | Business Insider
- This graphic poking fun at people who never delete their emails is... | Business Insider
- This is HTC's virtual reality headset — the Vive | Business Insider
- LA police chief defends officers over fatal shooting | Business Insider
- Barclays bank slides into annual net loss | Business Insider
- These fascinating diagrams reveal how to manage people in different countries | Business Insider