Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Explaining The Horrendous Home Sales Report: It Snowed Everywhere But In The Northeast | ZeroHedge
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- The Political Poison of Vested Interests | ZeroHedge
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in March | Financial Sense
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- I am Short the Duck of Death | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Wall Street Does The Quarter-Life Crisis | Business Insider
- The 20 Most Flexible Employers In America | Business Insider
- Here's How One Man Traveled To More Than 30 Countries Using Credit Card... | Business Insider
- Australia To Buy 58 More F-35 Fighter Jets For $11.6 Billion | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Big Earnings... | StreetInsider.com
- 11 Stunning American College Chapels | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Here's How Much Russia Controls Of The World's Most... | Business Insider