Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago Fed Bounces But Employment Slips | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Back Where We Started | ZeroHedge
- The Complete A To Z Of Nations Destroyed By Hillary Clinton's "Hubris" | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Destructive Education Models Bankrupting US: New Models Needed | Financial Sense
- Oil Slides as Iran Turns Down Saudi Offer | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- California's governor struck down a bill that would've guaranteed in-... | Business Insider
- People in wealthier states prefer iPhones over Samsung Galaxy... | Business Insider
- Obama's promise to focus deportation policy on 'felons not families' has fallen short | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Report: Trump's charity may have... | Business Insider
- I've worked in HR for 15... | Business Insider
- Facebook is testing its own version of Snapchat in the Messenger app (FB) | Business Insider