Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Blasts Steelworkers Union Boss: "Spend More Time Working-Less Time Talking. Reduce Dues" | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Are Fiscal Stimulus Expectations Too High? | Financial Sense
- The Stock Market Is A Propaganda Tool | ZeroHedge
- BEHOLD: THE CENTURY OLD DOW THEORY SIGNAL HAS BEEN TRIGGERED | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Journalist Banned From Media After Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Italy: Prime Minister Resigns After Referendum Defeat | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HILLARY CLINTON: 'So-called fake news can have real-world... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Michael Jordan just won a landmark case over... | Business Insider
- These wood floors could generate energy from your steps | Business Insider
- Arianna Huffington gives advice to young entrepreneurs: 'You... | Business Insider
- Union boss fires back at Trump: You should 'know how many damn jobs you'... | Business Insider
- The union worker Trump insulted by name says he's getting threatening phone calls | Business Insider