Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile In Socialist Utopia... | ZeroHedge
- And the Winner Is… | iBankCoin.com
- Wide Spreads to Keep in Mind | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Understanding Why It Feels Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Has Theory and History on Its Side | Financial Sense
- A Rusty Rail | iBankCoin.com
- Does Russia Need To Sell Gas More Than The EU Needs To Buy It? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Internet Of Things' Will Be Bigger Than The Smartphone, Tablet... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- EXPERT: The Ukraine-Russia Cyberwar Is 'More Serious And Damaging'... | Business Insider
- Software Developers Are Terrified Of What Happens When They Hit 30 | Business Insider
- This Amazing Video From Space Could Change The Game For Hedge Funds | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Offers 'SNL' Cast Sex Advice During Opening... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com