AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Says Has Photos Of Ukraine Deploying BUK Missiles In East, Radar Proof Of Warplanes In MH17 Vicinity | ZeroHedge
- Despite Warmest May/June On Record, Misses Blamed On "Unseasonably Cool" Weather | ZeroHedge
- Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought | Financial Sense
- Yellen Reiterates Position of Extended Low Rates | Financial Sense
- 1 In 25 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | ZeroHedge
- A Global Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Actually Apple's Net Cash Hasn't Grown In Two Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- The Remarkable Story Of A Rising Terrorism Analyst Who Got Too Close To His Subjects | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/... | StreetInsider.com
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- China's Total Debt Surges To 251% Of GDP | Business Insider
- Apple's New Ad Shows How Much Users Love Their Macs | Business Insider
- Meet The Well-Loved Google Exec Who's Back In Charge Of... | Business Insider