AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Hillary Cronyism Revealed: Cisco Used Clinton Foundation To Cover-up Human Rights Abuse In China | ZeroHedge
- The IMF Admits The IMF's Forecast Of Blockbuster Greek GDP Growth May Be A Little High | ZeroHedge
- A MiDSuMMeR NiTe'S SCReaM... | ZeroHedge
- Small Business Optimism: A Nine-Month Low | Financial Sense
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- European Sovereigns Have Worst Week In 5 Years, Stocks Slump | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of This Week's ISIS Terror Attack Planning Meeting | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a parenting trend that's taken over the US, and it's changing... | Business Insider
- 17 brand name products worth paying for over the generic versions | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Michael Jordan's 'Jumpman' logo may soon be on NBA uniforms | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Why the Cubs waited 13 days to call up one of the best prospects in baseball | Business Insider
- Try a simple psychological trick to save more money | Business Insider