AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The 'Sultan Of Chaos' Is Freaking Out | ZeroHedge
- Economics Explained (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- The "Minimum Wage" Surged In 6 Cities Last Year; Then This Happened | ZeroHedge
- Google Or Apple, FactSet Asks "Who's Bigger"? | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- Greek Tragedy: Pension Pandemonium Sparks Bank Crash, Stocks At 26 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Dot Com 2.0 – The Sequel Unfolds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Honda's singing sheep choir may have stolen the show... | Business Insider
- Willem Dafoe recreated a famous Marilyn Monroe moment for a Snickers Super Bowl ad... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Peyton Manning thanked a 23-year-old practice-squad player for his extra... | Business Insider
- An obscure outdoor brand blew its entire ad budget on one of the weirdest Super... | Business Insider
- Your ability to read this message reveals something incredible about the mind | Business Insider
- A Harvard professor reveals a strategy that can... | Business Insider