AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Midas Formula | iBankCoin.com
- Quote Of The Day: The 7% Target, Er, Threshold | ZeroHedge
- Futures Pushed Higher On Weaker Yen, But All Could Change With Today's "Most Important Ever" Jobs Number | ZeroHedge
- Kyle Bass Warns When "Everyone Is 'Beggaring Thy Neighbor'... There Will Be Consequences" | ZeroHedge
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap December 5, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Friday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- This Is What Morning Sun Looks Like In Shanghai | Business Insider
- The US Just Got An Insanely Difficult Draw For The 2014 World Cup | Business Insider
- Unforgettable Photos From The Pearl Harbor Attack, 72 Years Ago Today | Business Insider
- Remember When That Watson Supercomputer Won Jeopardy? Here's What's Going On With It Lately... | Business Insider
- These Will Be The 10 Hottest American Housing Markets In 2014 | Business Insider
- Couchsurfing’s Sex Secret: It’s The Greatest Hook-Up App Ever Devised | Business Insider