AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crosscurrents “R” Us | Financial Sense
- Phil Davis on Money Talk | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Surges 4%, Beats Estimates Driven By Inventories, Fixed Investment Spike; Historical Data Revised | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yields Rise Most In 9 Months, Weak 7 Year Auction Does Not Help | ZeroHedge
- Lifting the Gassy Stench | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Market Finally Looks Like a Buy | Financial Sense
- All Major US Equity Indices Are Now Down Since MH17 Crashed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Oakland Raiders Moving To San Antonio Is More Than A Threat | Business Insider
- Monica Lewinsky Is Writing For Vanity Fair Now | Business Insider
- MobileIron, A Hot Enterprise Mobile Company, Beats Earnings And Its Stock Goes Up 15% After Hours (... | Business Insider
- Micron Technology Flagged as Today's Pre-Market Laggard | TheStreet.com
- Harry Reid And Mitch McConnell Finally Found Something They... | Business Insider
- This 2-Minute Trick Will Boost Your Productivity | Business Insider
- Tesla's Plans For Its Massive Battery Factory Make It Sound Like A Legendary Ford... | Business Insider