AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Know It's A Fiscal Crisis When... Republicans Raise Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Even Harvard Economists Admit Fed Policy Has "Created Dangerous Risks" | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Says Fed Lost Credibility To "Stay On Top Of Ticking Monetary Bomb" | ZeroHedge
- SEC Commissioner Furious That SEC Has Made A Mockery Of "Recidivist Criminal Behavior" By Banks | ZeroHedge
- Militarization Is More Than Tanks & Rifles: It’s a Cultural Disease, Acclimating Citizens To Life In A Police State | ZeroHedge
- Hewlett Packard Just Reported Its Worst Revenue Since 2007: This Is How It "Beat" | ZeroHedge
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Crude oil is surging (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- The US just declassified this Al Qaeda job application form | Business Insider
- Wal-Mart just shut down this hilarious website | Business Insider
- Edward Snowden weighs in on the huge internet vulnerability that could have... | Business Insider
- George Osborne is resurrecting... | Business Insider
- Emotional Advocaat waits to decide Sunderland future | Business Insider
- 14 gorgeous photos of beaches in Croatia | Business Insider