AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Restaurants In D.C. Slash Jobs After Minimum Wage Hike | ZeroHedge
- VIX Spikes Most Since Brexit After Crude Carnage, Biotech Bust, Asian Angst | ZeroHedge
- Gold Futures See Massive $1.5 Billion "Non Profit" Liquidation In "One Minute" | ZeroHedge
- Mylan Caves, Announces EpiPen Cost Cuts Up To 50% | ZeroHedge
- "Things Are Worse" - Dollar Stores' Startling Admission: Half Of US Consumers Are In Dire Straits | ZeroHedge
- Cutting Through The Crap: The Ultimate Clinton-Trump Policy Cheatsheet | ZeroHedge
- Something "Unexpected" Happened When Seattle Raised The Minimum Wage | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Department of Education just slapped ITT Tech with serious... | Business Insider
- Obama promises support for Louisiana after the 'cameras... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- Here's how people exercise in different parts of the US, according to ClassPass | Business Insider
- A 37-year-old who created his dream job traveling the world gives his best advice... | Business Insider
- Netflix had the perfect response to the so-called 'Netflix of North Korea' | Business Insider
- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are planning to join forces in a new... | Business Insider