AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- USDJPY Plunges As Dollar Drops To 11 Month Lows, Commodities Rise | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Surge To New Cycle Highs After China Strengthens Yuan By Most In 11 Years | ZeroHedge
- Trump Protesters Breach Barricades, Clash With Riot Police - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Output Gap Means The 10 Year Is Going Below 1% | ZeroHedge
- Why One Trader Believes The BOJ Made A "Massive Misstep" | ZeroHedge
- Denmark's "Recipe For Integration" - Segregated Swimming Hours | ZeroHedge
- The Oligarchy Is Tottering - Trump Tramples The Neocons' "False Song Of Globalism" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It’s surreal to watch this 2011 video of Obama and Seth... | Business Insider
- Airbnb will pilot packaging deals similar... | Business Insider
- 11 things people who make great first impressions never do | Business Insider
- 15 of the healthiest fast-food menu items | Business Insider
- RUBENSTEIN: Rich people don't want to be president anymore, they just want... | Business Insider
- Ford beats, has best-ever quarter for profits (f) | Business Insider
- Wall Street is ecstatic about Amazon's blowout quarter (AMZN)... | Business Insider