AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- German 2Y Yield Plunges To Record -0.95%: Citi Explains Why It Will Keep Dropping | ZeroHedge
- French President Fires Back At Trump Over Paris Comments | ZeroHedge
- A Brand New 18-Year-Old Adult I Helped Create | Altucher Confidential
- White House Bars CNN, NYT, Others From Media Briefing | ZeroHedge
- Reddit Caught Censoring Posts Using The Term “Rothschild” | ZeroHedge
- The Road To Hell Was Paved With Obama Cronyism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best new apps and updates you may have missed in February | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Bitcoin just hit an all-time high — here's how you buy and sell it | Business Insider
- The unbelievable story of why Marlon Brando rejected his 1973 Oscar for 'The... | Business Insider
- Uber says it is not behind mysterious efforts to dig up '... | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek