AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Great Deformation | ZeroHedge
- The 'Wages-Fuel-Demand' Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- Bueller, Bueller | Financial Sense
- Ukrainian Coast Guard Attacked Near Russian Border, Some Killed | ZeroHedge
- Helicopter Janet, Mario and Mark - "Central Banks Should Give Money Directly To The People" | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap August 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What 21 Actors Were Like In High School | Business Insider
- San Francisco Is Losing An Iconic Part Of Its History, Replacing It With A Gigantic Piece Of Tech... | Business Insider
- Rex Energy's High Growth, Faltering Stock Price Deserve a Look | TheStreet.com
- Apple Stock Is At An All-Time High Ahead Of iPhone 6 — Is It Heading... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 8/29... | StreetInsider.com
- Remembering Princess Diana: 30 Iconic Photos Of The Princess Of Wales | Business Insider
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com