AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Stocks Tumble In Close Of Trading "Causing Panic", US GDP To Be Revised Higher On Seasonal Adjustments | ZeroHedge
- China Rescue, VIX Crash, & Fed Pump Squeeze Shorts Most In 6 Months, Trannies Bounce Most Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- 4 Mainstream Media Articles Mocking Gold That Should Make You Think | ZeroHedge
- Italy Youth Unemployment Hits Record High 44.2%, Concerns Rising "Recession Exit May Be Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
- It’s All About the Fed Today | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile In Venezuela... The Socialist Paradise Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Luggage has washed up on the island where possible... | Business Insider
- 13 things you should do in the 15 minutes before a big presentation | Business Insider
- Investigators scramble to analyse wreckage for MH370 link... | Business Insider
- Canada is buying Israel's Iron Dome missile defense technology | Business Insider
- Brazil raises key interest rate to 14.25% to curb... | Business Insider
- Universities are the new battleground for democracy in... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider