AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tale of Two Economies: Industrial vs. Consumer | Financial Sense
- New Legislation Proposes To "Bail-In' Social Security | ZeroHedge
- "This One Is Very Surprising" - US Luxury Rental Market Turmoiling As EQR Cuts Guidance For 3rd Time | ZeroHedge
- The Key Thing To Watch For In Today's FOMC Statement | ZeroHedge
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Jr Released, Will Live With His Mother | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey On President Hillary Clinton, World War III, & The Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Helicopter Money Coming and It Will Boost Gold Market to New Highs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tonight, a meteor shower created by a mysterious comet will reach... | Business Insider
- 8 beautiful micro-homes that re-think traditional living spaces | Business Insider
- This is one of the most bizarre World War II photos of a Nazi submarine we've... | Business Insider
- The creators of Pokémon Go are hiring somebody to help them fix the servers | Business Insider
- The remarkable story of a woman who was born at Auschwitz | Business Insider
- Turkey's oil and gas sector is going to be hard hit by the failed coup | Business Insider
- Advertisers are now able to buy programmatic ads to... | Business Insider