AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's New Crisis - Peak Oil Storage | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surges Higher As 'Hope' Trumps Reality | ZeroHedge
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- A Shocking Admission: "The Federal Reserve Is A Criminal Conspiracy" | ZeroHedge
- Clintons Unveil Official 2016 Hillary Campaign Button | ZeroHedge
- Don't Cry For Argentina, It's The Greeks That Suffered The Most In March | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- I went to 'Adult Preschool' and it wasn't nearly as... | Business Insider
- Europe's industry is coming back to life | Business Insider
- Agreement in principle on outlines of Iran deal:... | Business Insider
- A far-left Turkish group just took an... | Business Insider
- The crazy story of how Scientology allegedly once groomed a... | Business Insider