AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump's Treasury Secretary Pick Is A Lucky Man... Very Lucky | ZeroHedge
- Iran Furious After Obama Said To Extend Iran Sanctions; Oil Jumps To 2016 Highs | ZeroHedge
- The New American Dream - A Life In Hock | ZeroHedge
- Mitt Romney Is Now Heavy Favorite For Secretary Of State | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The "Tectonic Shift" In The Markets' Narrative | ZeroHedge
- Technology, Not Trade or Regulations, Killed Manufacturing in America | Financial Sense
- Multiple Jobholders Hit New All Time High As Part-Time Jobs Soar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Democratic senator says Trump's 'major pivots in foreign policy' are... | Business Insider
- How not to be terrible at saving money | Business Insider
- US Marine Corps video shows 'the most powerful concentration of combat power... | Business Insider
- There's only one tech CEO on Trump's... | Business Insider
- Tiger Woods showed a lot of promise during his first tournament action in 15... | Business Insider
- That time Ohio and Michigan fought an angry border war | Business Insider
- Trump picks legendary Marine Gen. Jim Mattis for defense secretary | Business Insider