AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- Russell Napier Asks: "What Evidence Is There That QE Works?" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Shrug Off Ebola, Surge Most Since 2011, Still A Red October | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar: More of the Same | ZeroHedge
- The Chart That All "Above Average Intelligence Traders" Ignored Today | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong On The Danger Of Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- The Pope: “Corruption Is a Greater Evil than Sin” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 eurozone banks 'fail ECB stress test' | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Woman Quarantined In New Jersey Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- Man City setback as West Ham claim shock win | Business Insider
- This New Feature Could Make ‘Super Smash Bros’ The Game Of The Year... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com