AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- US Services Economy Disappoints As 'Optimism' Plunges To Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Capital Flight Chaos - Safe Havens Are Tiny Markets | ZeroHedge
- UBS CIO Warns "The Status Quo Is Over... Get Used To It" | ZeroHedge
- EURO UNDeRTaKeR... | ZeroHedge
- We Expect Huge Oil Inventory Draws in July (Video) | ZeroHedge
- 'Cost-Burdened-Renters' Surge To Historic Highs As Hillbama-nomics Fails For Low-Income Faithful | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The fintech industry explained: The trends disrupting the world... | Business Insider
- Sorry Texas, there's probably no way you can secede from the US | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court's ruling on affirmative action will 'significantly impact' a... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The weekend is over and stocks are falling (SPX, SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI... | Business Insider