AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Why Monetizing Debt Could End In Revolutions | ZeroHedge
- British and American Security Services Pass Around Our Nude Photos ... While Protecting Pedophiles | ZeroHedge
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- Hugh Hendry Live 3: "To Bet Against China Is To Best Against Central Bank Omnipotence" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Blistering Demand For 2 Year Paper Send Entire Curve Tighter | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Central Bank Admits Gold Outflow, Calls It "Optimization Of Reserve Structure" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Boost In German Business Confidence Just Gave Angela Merkel Some Room To Breathe | Business Insider
- Nissan Has Revolutionized The Rearview Mirror | Business Insider
- 10 Foreign TV Shows You Should Be Watching | Business Insider
- 'About 100' massacred in DR Congo's restive... | Business Insider
- Netanyahu warns of 'grave mistake' if... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Take A Tour Of McLaren's Incredible Supercar Laboratory | Business Insider