AMD Gets Eaten Alive
Sorry Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) shareholders, you just lost even more money. AMD hit a new 52-week low this morning of $2.86 a share -- ouch.
While the wolves tear apart AMD, its an opportunity for us vultures waiting to see what they leave of the company. The Masters have been waiting for AMD to tank to a new low, today is that gift. AMD shares are down 9% today and the chart is looking brutal. Since Spring AMD shares have lost 65% of their value, an all out blood bath for shareholders.
Today AMD is down after the company said they expect Q3 revenue to suck. AMD expects Q3 revenue to be at least 10% lower than compared to last year's Q3. The demand for AMD products is not there and it shows in the stock's performance. AMD had to write down its inventory by $100M thanks to its low demand. They are having to slash prices and its not doing much to improve the bottom line.
AMD will report is Q3 results next Thursday (Oct 18th). Until then, expect choppy trading.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Billionaires 'Bunker'-Down For Trumpocalypse | ZeroHedge
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Is Now Smaller Than Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Trump Campaign Releases "Ten Inconvenient Truths About The Clinton Foundation" | ZeroHedge
- The USA Imports Record Amounts of Gold from Switzerland! Meanwhile, Deutsche Bank Faces Total Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Right - Morgan Stanley Warns "Big, Fat, Ugly Bubble" Is "An Illusion" Driven By The Fed | ZeroHedge
- US Outcry Over Syria... Tears Followed By NATO Bombs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the one pair of jeans every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider
- STOCKS SLIPPED AMID DEUTSCHE BANK WORRIES: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- The top 50 dream companies for business students around the world | Business Insider
- J.J. Abrams promises movies for 'Portal' and 'Half... | Business Insider
- McConnell claimed Obama did not warn of the 'potential consequences... | Business Insider
- My boyfriend makes $160,000 and I make $80,000 — here's how it affects our relationship | Business Insider
- Lady Gaga will headline next year's Super Bowl halftime show | Business Insider