AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- BEHOLD: ANOTHER SPECULATIVE LONG | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: November 24 | ZeroHedge
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- Disinformation Unmasked: The Alternative Media Exposed | ZeroHedge
- On This Day, 138 Years Ago, The Idea Of QE Was Born | ZeroHedge
- 30 Year Yield Drops Below 3.00% As Richmond Fed Tumbles Most Since 2006 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- A Boost In German Business Confidence Just Gave Angela Merkel Some Room To Breathe | Business Insider
- US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel 'to resign' | Business Insider
- Why Spotify's CEO Works In 5-Year Spurts | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Samsung's Mobile Market Share Is... | Business Insider
- The Incredible Story Of The Women Who Were Meant To Be The First Astronauts — And... | Business Insider
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Announces Completion... | StreetInsider.com