AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Weakening Breadth Warning of a Pullback or Major Top? | Financial Sense
- Norway Central Banker Warns Of Massive 50% Drop In Wealth Fund Assets To Cover Budget Deficits | ZeroHedge
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
- Merkel Says There Is A "Problem" With The Euro, Blames Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- Pence Vows "Unwavering Support" For NATO, Pledges To Hold Russia "Accountable" | ZeroHedge
- Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 | Financial Sense
- 2017: Euphoria...Then Panic | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump's baffling 'Sweden' comment came from a Fox News segment | Business Insider
- How to handle sleep deprivation, according to a Navy SEAL | Business Insider
- Julian Assange's fate hinges on Ecuador's elections | Business Insider
- Snap just lost a key ad exec weeks before its IPO | Business Insider
- 'A star is born': Watch... | Business Insider
- DHS head Kelly: Trump is preparing a new '... | Business Insider
- A woman who left her job at Google to strike out on her own shares the... | Business Insider