AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- Davidowitz: Brick-and-Mortar Retail an "Absolute Train Wreck" | Financial Sense
- Playing The Trump Effect On FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- Liberal Preppers Are "Tired Of Being Perceived As Wusses" - Stock Up On Guns, Food As Trumpocalypse Looms | ZeroHedge
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
- Obama Commutes Remaining Prison Sentence Of Chelsea Manning | ZeroHedge
- Dow 20,000: A New Beginning…or the Beginning of the End? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump's redundant, 'post-literate... | Business Insider
- There's something special about this haunting new photo of a SpaceX rocket seconds... | Business Insider
- If you bought dairy products in the last 13 years in more than a dozen US states, you could be... | Business Insider
- Millennials are leading the trend on America's hottest... | Business Insider
- Sociology professor suggests mass murder could be seen as a... | Business Insider
- Lager made with the 133-year-old yeast that forever changed beer is... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg explains Facebook's secrets for acquiring... | Business Insider