AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Tim Cook "Comes Out", These Nations Still View Homosexuality As "Morally Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China | Financial Sense
- A Glimpse Inside The FX "Cartel's" Chat Rooms | ZeroHedge
- The Green Bird Scowl at Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- How Well Does the CPI Measure Individuals’ Health Care Burden? | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices in the Post-QE World | Financial Sense
- The “Save Our Swiss Gold” Initiative Is Incompatible With the EUR/CHF Peg | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Energy, Politics and Putin: Russia's Gas Power Play Traps Europe | TheStreet.com
- 10 Cool Startups To Work For In New York City | Business Insider
- Afghanistan's Opium Industry Now Employs More People Than Its Military | Business Insider
- 13 Things You Never Knew About Halloween | Business Insider
- EU, Ukraine must agree gas debt deal for talks to... | Business Insider
- Peter Jackson Explains How The Crazy Barrel Scene In 'The... | Business Insider
- Russian ruble hits new dollar low despite rate rise | Business Insider