AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Energy & The Economy - Why Society Will Be Forced To Become Less Complex | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Rising Risk | ZeroHedge
- In Preparation For Tonight's Ferguson Decision | ZeroHedge
- Young and Dumb Again | Financial Sense
- Veteran S&P Futures Trader: "I Am 100% Confident That Central Banks Are Buying S&P Futures" | ZeroHedge
- Summing It All Up In 1 Surreal Chart | ZeroHedge
- What Record Stock Buybacks Say About Economic Growth | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- What Men Fantasize About | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Stocks Gain for Fifth Week as Central Banks Take Center Stage | TheStreet.com
- These Abandoned Rocket Bases Tell The Story Of The Cold War Space Race | Business Insider
- Gap Between iPhone 6 and 6-Plus Is Bigger Than Anyone Thought | TheStreet.com
- Teens Are Tweeting Unappealing Photos Of Their School Lunches With The Hashtag #... | Business Insider