AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Biden: "Unions Built The Middle Class In America" | ZeroHedge
- And The Best Performing Asset In August Was... | ZeroHedge
- What Is the Bond Market Telling Us? | Financial Sense
- THE 1st ANNUAL iBANKCOIN LOTTERY WINNER IS… | iBankCoin.com
- Europe's Fantastic Bond Bubble: How Central Banks Have Unleashed Mindless Speculation | ZeroHedge
- Latin America: The Clouds May Be Clearing | Financial Sense
- Middle-East 'Frenemies' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cave markings 'bring Neanderthals closer to us' | Business Insider
- Here’s What It's Really Like To Work With Mark Zuckerberg At... | Business Insider
- New CEO Of Troubled UK Supermarket Tells All 500,000... | Business Insider
- US air strike in Somalia targeting Shebab leader:... | Business Insider
- The Weekend Is Over In Asia And Stocks Are Mostly Down | Business Insider
- 9 Authentic Mexican Dishes You Should Eat Instead Of The Tex-Mex Knockoffs | Business Insider
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects | Business Insider