AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Warns of Rising Global Default Wave | Financial Sense
- In First "Emergency" Decree, Erdogan Seizes Thousands Of Hospitals, Schools, Charities | ZeroHedge
- DNC Chairwoman "Quarantined" From Convention After Sanders Demands "Someone Be Held Accountable" For Emails | ZeroHedge
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Busting Media Myths On Peak Oil | ZeroHedge
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- The War In Afghanistan Is A Good Thing (If You're A Drug-Dealer) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Learning how to write cold emails that get responses is an invaluable... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong is ‘stuck between a rock and a hard place’ | Business Insider
- 7 space mysteries no scientist can explain | Business Insider
- Clinton campaign manager: Russians leaked DNC... | Business Insider
- Every 7 years, this health-food company gives employees 6 weeks of... | Business Insider
- No one wants to buy this bizarre house in a wealthy San Francisco... | Business Insider