AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Rogers: Brexit Blowback "Worse Than Any Bear Market You've Ever Seen" | ZeroHedge
- Will The Market Break? Keep An Eye On This For the Answer | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: June 27 | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Is Pushing For A Massive Bailout Of Its Public School System | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- General Market Observations 6-28-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How an ad campaign made lesbians fall in love with Subaru | Business Insider
- This Italian makeup artist transforms into famous people, from Johnny... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's potential VP pick has a lot to do... | Business Insider
- We got our hands on Burger King's new Mac n' Cheetos sticks | Business Insider
- Putin: Turkey says it's sorry for downing a Russian... | Business Insider
- How to add artwork to your home the right way | Business Insider
- People who are tone deaf are teaching scientists something fascinating about the brain | Business Insider