AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AUDIBLE: NEW HORSEMAN ADDED | iBankCoin.com
- #MyNYPD... | ZeroHedge
- Who Made More, Facebook VCs or Its Founder: The True Cost of the VC Preferred Stock Control Premium | ZeroHedge
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- EU Confidence Hits 7-Year High (Just Don't Tell The Record Number Of Unemployed) | ZeroHedge
- MoRon MoRoN MoRoN! | ZeroHedge
- McDonalds Misses Revenue, Earnings Estimates: Blames Weather | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 Gmail Features To Make Your Life A Lot Easier | Business Insider
- Guy Named In Newsweek Story As Bitcoin Creator Pops Up In Video Denying Its Him | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER: Fan TV Comes To TWC — More On... | Business Insider
- THE ROAD TO 300 MILLION: Photos Of LinkedIn's Epic Journey (LNKD) | Business Insider
- Shaq's LinkedIn Profile Is Perfect | Business Insider
- 'MAD MEN' vs. REALITY: Compare Don Draper's Ads With Those That... | Business Insider
- Celgene to Rise Like a Phoenix | TheStreet.com