AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Back-Rank Checkmate Potential | iBankCoin.com
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- "Real" Stock Volatility In October Highest Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- What Unilever just Said About Consumers Around the World: “It’s Really Tough out There” | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- A Prime Spot for an Amazon Drop | iBankCoin.com
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shooter opens fire at US school, kills self: report | Business Insider
- 10 Real Wall Street Stories That Should Be Movies | Business Insider
- UK GDP Comes In Right In Line With Expectations | Business Insider
- IS attack on Syrian border town Kobane stalls... | Business Insider
- Nadal calls time on 2014, faces November 3 surgery | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Earnings, Leading Indicators Signal Strength in U.S. Economy | TheStreet.com
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Rockwell Medical, Oxigene, Prosensa, Sarepta | TheStreet.com