AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3D Printing an Ornate Bridge Over a Water in Amsterdam | Financial Sense
- "It May Come To A Military Coup": Ukraine's "Nazis" Threaten To Overthrow Government | ZeroHedge
- Where Candidates Fear To Tread - Pervasive Racketeering Is Destroying America | ZeroHedge
- Greek Stocks, Economy Collapse, Suffer Worst Declines In History | ZeroHedge
- IMF Reiterates Greece Disqualified for Bailout, Participation Depends on Debt Relief and Reforms | Financial Sense
- Don’t Expect an Oil Price Rebound This Side of 2017 | Financial Sense
- Warren Buffett and Elon Musk to Spark a Lithium Boom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hackers are installing malware on Macbooks — and there’s... | Business Insider
- Greece's industry has been absolutely obliterated by the bank and bailout... | Business Insider
- It's incredible how lifelike these famous actors look in this new video game | Business Insider
- Construction spending barely budged in June | Business Insider
- 5 ways mentally strong people approach risk-taking | Business Insider
- Tesla has one huge question to answer when it reports... | Business Insider
- One of the world's biggest law enforcement agencies is... | Business Insider