AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Retaliates At China Escalation, Warns Sea "Sandcastles" May "Lead To Conflict" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Recover Post-FOMC Losses After 4-For-4 Economic Data Misses | ZeroHedge
- Indonesia Just Sank "A Large Chinese Vessel" And 40 Other Fishing Boats In The South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion “Less Sexy” Than Bitcoin … For Now | ZeroHedge
- Shake Shocker: Each SHAK "Restaurant" Is Now Worth $53 Million | ZeroHedge
- The Fallacy Of Unequivocal Faith In The Fed's Babbling Bubble-Blowers | ZeroHedge
- Stall Speed Economy – Get Used to It | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Myanmar navy carries out first rescue of migrant boat... | Business Insider
- Portuguese legend Luís Figo torches FIFA in Facebook post on why he quit the... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Stunning photos from the new One World Observatory that sits a quarter mile above Manhattan... | Business Insider
- More and more parents are bankrolling their adult children | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, DIA, QQQ, HPQ, ROST, ARO, RAI, LO... | Business Insider