AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FiNaNCiaL TeRRoRiSM AND PoLiTiCaL SeX MaP... | ZeroHedge
- Vultures Begin to Circle on Canadian Housing Downside | Financial Sense
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Global Thermonuclear Devaluation | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- The Quiet Triumph Of Oil And Gas In Obama’s Policies | ZeroHedge
- The S&P 500 Is Now A Gambler's Paradise With 76.9% Up Days In May So Far | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- JIM O'NEILL: I've Found Myself Asking 2 Questions About The Economy I Didn't... | Business Insider
- The Fabulous Life Of David Karp, 26-Year-Old... | Business Insider
- Parents Are Bribing Kids To Go To Boring, Booze-Free, Supervised Prom Parties | Business Insider
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Ford Is a Buy | TheStreet.com
- Holocaust Documentary Details Bogus Town Set Up By Nazis And Run By Jews... | Business Insider
- Incredible Footage Of Plane Making Successful Belly Landing At Newark Airport | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek