AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Looking Over the Edge | iBankCoin.com
- The "Harsh Weather" Verdict: 19% Spent Less, 27% Spent More, 55% Spent The Same | ZeroHedge
- Yen Breaks 103, Sends Stocks Reeling | ZeroHedge
- G-7 Warns Russia Of "Grave Consequences" If Crimea Annexed | ZeroHedge
- Dot-Com 2.0 Visualized (Or Peak Greater Fool) | ZeroHedge
- Red Line Crossing: Ukraine Effectively Gifts Crimea To Russia, Says "Will Not Intervene Militarily" | ZeroHedge
- NSA-Fan Feinstein Slams CIA Spying And Intimidation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cornell President David Skorton Leaving University To Head Smithsonian... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- And Now Tesla Is At Risk Of Being Banned In Ohio, Too (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Your Open Floor Plan Is Making Everybody Sick | Business Insider
- Why Extensive Mental Health Treatment Didn't Stop Adam Lanza | Business Insider
- TWITTER IS BACK | Business Insider