AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- US Services PMI Beats After Last Week's Manufacturing PMI Record Miss, Employment Plunges | ZeroHedge
- US Releases Satellite Images Allegedly Proving Russian Shelling Of East Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Buy Junk | iBankCoin.com
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Another Sign That The Death Of Baseball Has Been Greatly Exaggerated | Business Insider
- Here's How Vincenzo Nibali Won The Tour De France | Business Insider
- This Invention Will Totally Change The Way You Fill... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Why Rite Aid Stock Is Down Today | TheStreet.com
- WHITE HOUSE TO RUSSIA: Prepare To Get Whacked By The Worst Sanctions Yet | Business Insider
- Bog Snorkeling Is The Strangest Sport You've Never Heard Of [PHOTOS] | Business Insider