AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe LauNCH OF THE USS OBaMaCaRe... | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street To The Rescue?? | ZeroHedge
- Watching Here | iBankCoin.com
- Fed's Dudley "US Dollar Wins"; Bitcoin "Not a Good Store Of Value" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price “Will Probably Test $1400” as Crimea Moves to Quit Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross Responds: "Sick Of [El-Erian] Undermining" Him | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Joel McHale Spoofs How No One Can Understand What They're Saying On... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/06... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Russia Propaganda Network Boss: This Is A 'Media War' | Business Insider
- The 25 Best Companies For LGBT Employees | Business Insider
- One Chart That Shows How Much Nike Dominates The NBA | Business Insider