AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
- All Bad at 0%? | Financial Sense
- Why Year 3 of the Presidential Cycle Hasn't Gone the Way Everyone Expected | Financial Sense
- "How Will The Public Receive News Of More QE, NIRP, Cash Bans And Capital Controls?" | ZeroHedge
- Volkswagen and the Euro: Preliminary Thoughts | Financial Sense
- Simply Dreadful US Jobs Report | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Westwood calls to 'Save Venice' at Paris fashion show... | Business Insider
- Medical charity MSF leaves Afghan city after fatal... | Business Insider
- Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell dies at age 67:... | Business Insider
- No. 22 Michigan smothers Maryland 28-0 in Big Ten opener | Business Insider
- Priest arrested after allegedly... | Business Insider
- Britain's government is selling off the rest of Lloyds next... | Business Insider
- What to do if you forget someone's name immediately after meeting them | Business Insider