AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Levered Funds Are The Most-Short Bonds Ever, Russell Shorts Lowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- Earnings & Events On Tap | iBankCoin.com
- Being There | Financial Sense
- How The Fed "Engineered A Massive Squeeze In The Markets"? With The Help Of 683x Leverage | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Gets Cold Feet:"It Is Difficult To Predict How Negative The Market Reaction To Grexit Would Be" | ZeroHedge
- Fitch Downgrades Japan To A From A+ | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US, Japan widen defense ties in historic sea change | Business Insider
- Baltimore is burning | Business Insider
- Anguished families make 'last visit' before... | Business Insider
- Capgemini to buy IGATE in $4 billion US expansion push | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Gwyneth Paltrow couldn't live on food stamps for a week. I did. And it practically killed me... | Business Insider
- America's kids are finally moving out | Business Insider