AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Keep Your Eye on These Disruptive Tech Ventures | Financial Sense
- It's The Debt, Stupid | ZeroHedge
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- Analyzing the Food Chain | iBankCoin.com
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- Petrodollar Panic: EU Officials Admit Buying Oil From ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Lifting The Fog Of Pretense | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alibaba to raise up to $25 bn with revised IPO price | Business Insider
- Dalai Lama calls inter-faith meeting in India to... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: One Simple Phenomenon Explains Why Scotland... | Business Insider
- Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Explains Why Nothing Scares Him More Than An... | Business Insider
- The Human Race Is About To Land A Space Probe On A Comet | Business Insider
- Everyone Thinks It's Bizarre That Playboy Named UPenn America's No. 1... | Business Insider
- Contador's Vuelta victory sets up thrilling 2015 Tour | Business Insider