AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Janet Yellen On The Fed Buying Stocks: "Maybe In The Future, Down The Line..." | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 30 | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers, Major UK Construction Firm CEO Warns | ZeroHedge
- Destructive Education Models Bankrupting US: New Models Needed | Financial Sense
- "Ominous Shades Of 1987" - HSBC Shows Why 17,992 Is The World's Most Important Number | ZeroHedge
- "You Shouldn't Listen to Me" – Here's What Bernie Said About Voting For Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live As Wells CEO John Stumpf Gets Grilled On The Hill Again: Five Things To Look For | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the one pair of jeans every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider
- Why lots of psychologists say anxiety is a sign of... | Business Insider
- 3 ways to make your home smarter for under $50 | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran weighs in on fellow real... | Business Insider
- A New Hampshire court ruled that banning voting-booth selfies is unconstitutional... | Business Insider
- IAN BREMMER: 'Politics as we knew it is over' | Business Insider
- These are the countries where people eat the most meat | Business Insider