AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Retired Green Beret Warns: "We're At The Threshold Of War...The Choice Is Not Up To Us Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- Market Risks Increasing As Investors Grow Complacent | Financial Sense
- Don't Show President Trump This Chart | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Second Obamacare Repeal Attempt On The Edge Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Epic Collapse Of Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Crashing Canadian Mortgage Lender Bailed-Out By 321,000 Retired Ontario Healthcare Workers | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tax Cuts To Add As Much As $7 Trillion In Debt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cloudera raised $225 million in its IPO and priced shares... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Google's virtual reality art gallery (GOOGL) | Business Insider
- 'FYRE FESTIVAL ON:' Some attendees of the cursed $12,000... | Business Insider
- Domino's profit soars 37.4% (DPZ) | Business Insider
- The best Micro USB cables you can buy | Business Insider
- There were ominous signs the disastrous supermodel-backed Fyre Festival was doomed weeks... | Business Insider