AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UNCLe ERiC'S CoRPoRaTE CaBiN... | ZeroHedge
- The Trojan Horse Battle for the Euro | Financial Sense
- GET INSIDE THE OIL BARREL WITH ME | iBankCoin.com
- Pop Quiz: How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost? | ZeroHedge
- As IMF Default Looms & Tax Revenues Plunge, Greek Stocks & Bonds Tumble | ZeroHedge
- China Just Sided With Russia Over The Ukraine Conflict | ZeroHedge
- OMAB 4Q Results Were Strong | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wealth inequality in Russia and China will make you look at Britain and the... | Business Insider
- Incredible Vine shows an icy blue sunset on Mars | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 220 Assyrian Christians abducted by IS in Syria: monitor | Business Insider
- 21 glorious, vintage photographs of NASA's glory days | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- These tech companies stocked up on the most patents in 2014 | Business Insider