AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan Press: "China-Japan War To Break Out In January" | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates Spoil the Party | ZeroHedge
- Livestream From Ukraine, Where Tens Of Thousands Return To Protest At Kiev's Main Square | ZeroHedge
- "No Way To Tell How Many People Who Have Signed Up For Obamacare Actually Have" | ZeroHedge
- Greece Tumbles Into The Deflationary Abyss, While Its Primary Surplus Sounds The "Grexit" Alarm | ZeroHedge
- Why The Fed Won’t Taper In December | ZeroHedge
- In The Third Quarter, The Rich Got Richer By $1.9 Trillion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why America Gives Inmates Elaborate Meals Right Before Killing Them | Business Insider
- Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector | Business Insider
- Macaulay Culkin Is In A Velvet Underground... | Business Insider
- Vladimir Putin Just Dissolved A Major State-Run Media Organization That's Been Around For Decades | Business Insider
- Boeing Has Started Wind-Tunnel Testing For The Upgraded 777 | Business Insider
- FLECKENSTEIN: Everyone Betting On Bitcoin Will Lose All Of Their Money | Business Insider
- If Only Intel Didn't Date Losers | TheStreet.com