AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Futures See Massive $1.5 Billion "Non Profit" Liquidation In "One Minute" | ZeroHedge
- Is The EU Volcano About To Erupt? | ZeroHedge
- Restaurants In D.C. Slash Jobs After Minimum Wage Hike | ZeroHedge
- Domino's Launches Drone Pizza Delivery, Shows What It Will Look Like | ZeroHedge
- Mylan Caves, Announces EpiPen Cost Cuts Up To 50% | ZeroHedge
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- As Congress Prepares To Crackdown On Epipen Price Increases, A Problem Has Emerged | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ryan Lochte reportedly charged over false robbery claim and... | Business Insider
- A sleep doctor says Trump's 4 hour sleep schedule will... | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers explains why Hillary Clinton's new email scandal isn... | Business Insider
- Facebook's new app for high schoolers has a... | Business Insider
- 8 heartbreaking photos that go inside the homes that were wrecked by Hurricane... | Business Insider
- 'It's a tired disgusting argument... | Business Insider
- I’ve written about a lot of great tech, but these are the gadgets I use every day | Business Insider