AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere | Financial Sense
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Wrapping Up Orson Welles | iBankCoin.com
- Housing Contribution To US GDP Lowest In Post-War Era | ZeroHedge
- Near-Term Dollar Conviction went MIA | ZeroHedge
- Default Risk Soars After Ukraine's 'American' FinMin Suggests Severe Haircuts For Creditors (Including Russia) | ZeroHedge
- Stockman: "The Bottom's Not In", Why This Market Is Dumber Than A Mule | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Early morning dance parties take off in US | Business Insider
- Stunning drone video captures the beauty of Canada's oil province | Business Insider
- I'm sorry to say I use almost every one of the '25 annoying phrases you should stop saying at... | Business Insider
- Slack's security breach may be worse than it's letting... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 8 Mother's Day gifts that any mom would want this year [up to 63% off] | Business Insider
- Researchers at McGill say Facebook is polluted with fake 'Likes' (FB) | Business Insider