AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong Warns The West "Sanctioning Russia Is A Big Mistake" | ZeroHedge
- CDC Confirms First Ebola Case Diagnosed In The US, In Dallas Hospital - Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Mixed on Durables and Jobless Claims | Financial Sense
- The Last Time Traders Were This Short 2Y Notes, Rates Collapsed | ZeroHedge
- More Lies: Watchdog Finds Government "Greatly Exaggerated" Success In Funding Small Businesses Last Year | ZeroHedge
- The Gap Down Will Be Glorious | iBankCoin.com
- A Good Technique for Trapped Shorts in $GPRO | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hong Kong protesters gear up for biggest demonstration... | Business Insider
- Consumer Confidence Disappoints (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- These Photographs From Hong Kong's Daredevil 'Rooftoppers' Will Take... | Business Insider
- California bans paparazzi drones | Business Insider
- CDC Confirms First Case Of Ebola In The US | Business Insider
- Once ignored, violinist Bell plays Washington public... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban Has Gotten Under The Skin Of The NBA's Smartest GM | Business Insider