AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Narcissists'R'Us - Guess Which Presidential Candidate Likes To Talk About Themselves Most? | ZeroHedge
- A Nation Of Immigrants? | ZeroHedge
- Credit Card Delinquencies Creep Up To Highest Levels Since 2012 As Subprime Issuance Soars | ZeroHedge
- 5 Negative Factors For Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Here's The 30 Seconds After The Last Debate That CNN Would Rather You Didn't See | ZeroHedge
- Is China About to Go “Scorched Earth” on the US Dollar? | ZeroHedge
- Taliban Release Drone Film Of Suicide Attack In Afghanistan | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains how humans will evolve in the future | Business Insider
- Sean Hannity to interview subject of National Enquirer story on Clinton... | Business Insider
- We've reached the end of white Christian America | Business Insider
- 5 steps to a competitive résumé, according to a recruiter | Business Insider
- The contest to control the South China Sea just... | Business Insider
- What I carry in my wallet and how I use each card | Business Insider
- Why a 'horror documentary' about rats by Morgan Spurlock is the scariest... | Business Insider