AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "An Unusual Number Of Known Unknowns" - These Are The Key Event Risks In June | ZeroHedge
- Do "Targeted" US Killings Of Militant Leaders Work? Not So Much | ZeroHedge
- The Obamacare Cliff: Redistribution & The Disincentive To Work | ZeroHedge
- US Government "Finds" Americans Had $70 Billion More In Disposable Income | ZeroHedge
- The "Crazy Growth In Corporate Debt" Is Finally Noticed: Bloomberg Issues Stark Warning | ZeroHedge
- Sweden's Migrant Rape Epidemic Explained | ZeroHedge
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner President Obama Speaks At Arlington National Cemetery - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The last time this happened housing collapsed | Business Insider
- Save $200 on an Apple Watch — and more of today's best deals from around the... | Business Insider
- Mass bleaching has killed 35% of the Great Barrier Reef... | Business Insider
- 17 signs your coworkers secretly hate you | Business Insider
- JEFF BEZOS ON PETER THIEL: 'Seek revenge and you should dig two graves, one for yourself' (AMZN... | Business Insider
- This Bill Gates-backed veggie burger is the best... | Business Insider
- Money had a huge effect on our decision not to have kids | Business Insider