AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Financials/Consumer Staples: Stick With It | Financial Sense
- Gold, Complacency, & Why Hookers And Bankers Share The Same Neighborhoods | ZeroHedge
- LONG $SODA | iBankCoin.com
- News: Gold Takes a Momentary Hit; Soros Bets on Stock Crash; Ukraine Destroys Armored Russian Convoy | Financial Sense
- President Obama To Explain Why We're Gonna Need Moar Airstrikes In Iraq - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Ignorance Is (Still) Bliss | ZeroHedge
- Rocky Mountain High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shares Of The Company That Makes Wearable Police Cameras Go Bonkers Again (TASR... | Business Insider
- Amazon Might Start Testing Its Delivery Drones In India, Since It Can't In... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Today (TWTR, AAPL, CSCO... | Business Insider
- China's Fifth-Generation Fighter Could Be A Game Changer In An... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- SoundCloud Artists Will Finally Be Able To Make Money Off Their Own Work | Business Insider
- One Big Question Surrounds The Murder Of US Journalist James Foley By ISIS | Business Insider