AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welcome To Blackswansville | ZeroHedge
- Are You Investing Like the Terminator? You Should Be! | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 7, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- How to Win the Day | Altucher Confidential
- What Does Greece Have to do with Me? | iBankCoin.com
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- Greferendum Caption Contest: Two For The Price Of One | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: UBS will lead the Ferrari IPO (FCAU) | Business Insider
- This is the real reason Twitter is copying Facebook and wants... | Business Insider
- The Euro spikes after Yanis Varoufakis resigns | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Happy Shark Week: Meet the tiny, super rare pocket shark whose 'pocket' has scientists... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- The first James Bond comic in 20 years launches this fall, and it sounds great | Business Insider