AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If Oil is To Bounce, It Will Do So Now | iBankCoin.com
- Market Wrap: Global Risk Rattled By Syriza Surge To Power | ZeroHedge
- Jeffrey Saut Makes Long-Term Bullish Case for US Stocks | Financial Sense
- Smart Casual: The 'Rebellious' New Greek PM's Swearing-In Attire | ZeroHedge
- Greece At The Crossroads: The Oligarchs Blew It | ZeroHedge
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- LET IT STORM WITH THE SNOW OF 10,000 BLIZZARDS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple Has Shipped One Billion iOS Devices (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Greece's Radical Left-Wing Government Is Right About... | Business Insider
- Here's Who Will Star In The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Reboot | Business Insider
- Here's Why HBO's New Scientology Documentary Is So Critical Of... | Business Insider
- The Most Expensive Homes For Sale In 25 Different Countries Around The World | Business Insider
- An Analyst Says Everybody... | Business Insider