Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Libya May Be Focus Of Major Rift Between US And Regional Allies | ZeroHedge
- More Sanctions: Europe Will Ban Purchase Of Russian Bonds; However Russian Gas Exports Remain Untouched | ZeroHedge
- These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War | ZeroHedge
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
- Currency Reform In Ancient Rome | ZeroHedge
- Latin America: The Clouds May Be Clearing | Financial Sense
- Biden: "Unions Built The Middle Class In America" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 33 Most Expensive Movie Props Ever Sold | Business Insider
- A Professional Medicine Hunter Reveals The 5 Plants To Boost Your Sex Life | Business Insider
- 50 Days Of War In Gaza May Cost Israel Dearly | Business Insider
- The Weekend Is Over In Asia And Stocks Are Mostly Down | Business Insider
- This App Lets People Wearing Google Glass See Your True Emotions (GOOG) | Business Insider
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek