Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sarah Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal As "Crony Capitalism", "Corporate Welfare" | ZeroHedge
- Stagnation and the OECD's Solution | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank: De-Globalization Trend Not as Clear as It Seems | Financial Sense
- "A Watershed Month" - November Sees Greatest "Asset Rotation" Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Why Italy’s Referendum Carries Risks for the Entire EU | Financial Sense
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- "Meanwhile In Europe..." - The Big Day Arrives | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 avoidable traps new managers fall into | Business Insider
- The strangest-looking video game in years just... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- A bunch of carbon dioxide that's been trapped in the soil is... | Business Insider
- Apple asks the government to make it easier to develop self-driving... | Business Insider
- Happy Thanksgiving: E-commerce spending rose $2.3 billion... | Business Insider
- Trump can text you anytime he wants once he's in... | Business Insider