Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Raised Cash | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese 'Virus' Spreads To Germany: Meet The Company That Went From Record High To Zero In 1 Week | ZeroHedge
- We Have Found Where The Gas Tax Cut Was Spent: Hookers, Drugs And Booze | ZeroHedge
- The Gloves Come Off: Moody's Warns Of Greek "Deposit Freeze" As Schauble "Won't Rule Out Default" | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Where The Rich Buy Their College Degrees | ZeroHedge
- ETSY Crashes Over 55% From Highs, Breaks Below IPO Price | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An 8-year-old interviews the cofounder of the company who makes... | Business Insider
- George Osborne is resurrecting... | Business Insider
- Massive national rail strike planned over bank... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Meet the amazing musicians... | Business Insider
- Eurozone growth falters despite improved employment | Business Insider
- Google Maps searches are turning up some wildly racist and... | Business Insider