Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- Europe's Migration Crisis: No End In Sight | ZeroHedge
- Yentertainment Tonight - Kuroda Kollapse Kontinues As USDJPY Nears 105 Handle | ZeroHedge
- ReaDY FoR SoDoMY... | ZeroHedge
- ECB Blames You For Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- "The TTIP Is Doomed" - France Threatens To Reject Obama's Huge Transatlantic Trade Deal | ZeroHedge
- Paper Gold Is Rising, Report 1 May, 2016 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This celebrity wore the Met Gala's first-ever 'cognitive' dress | Business Insider
- The New York Times is embracing this hot tech trend | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- China's manufacturing sector continues to splutter | Business Insider
- Tech big shots like Tim Cook, Travis Kalanick, and Elon Musk... | Business Insider
- Younger football players are more likely to return to the... | Business Insider
- I’ve tested over 100 headphones in the past year, and I keep coming back to this $30... | Business Insider