Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 3 | ZeroHedge
- Give All Refugees A Free Ticket To Brussels | ZeroHedge
- Losing Faith? Traders Dump Japanese Stocks At Fastest Pace In History | ZeroHedge
- Bob Shiller Fears "Substantial Decline" Sees Dow 'Fair Value' Around 11,000 | ZeroHedge
- Suddenly The Bank Of Japan Has An Unexpected Problem On Its Hands | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 4 | ZeroHedge
- August Payrolls Miss, Rise Only 173K, Even As Prior Revised Higher; Hourly Earnings Rise More Than Expected | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface... | Business Insider
- The tech CEO whose resignation letter went viral has found a new job | Business Insider
- There's been no correlation between China's economic... | Business Insider
- German factory orders fall in July | Business Insider
- Candidates seeking Iowa boost look to 99-county tour | Business Insider
- Ebola transmissions over in Liberia, enters 90-day watch | Business Insider
- An elegant solution to the problem in every young banker's fridge | Business Insider