Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam | ZeroHedge
- An Obama Plot To Sabotage Trump? | ZeroHedge
- Christian Malanga: New Government Could Free the Congo and Provide Vast Opportunity for Investors | ZeroHedge
- US Crude Production Hits 13-Month Highs As Oil Rig Count Doubles Off May 2016 Lows | ZeroHedge
- How The Surveillance Program Works, And Who Can Order It: Former Intel Chair Explains | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Hackers Threaten To Wipe Millions Of iPhones; Demand Ransom From Apple | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia released some head-scratching recommendations for how its citizens... | Business Insider
- Finish Line's explanation of its disappointing quarter perfectly captures the... | Business Insider
- 23 extensions, apps, and tricks that will boost your... | Business Insider
- The newest Moto G is the best phone you can buy for under $300 | Business Insider
- 'Walking Dead' star Norman Reedus reveals how he met his rumored... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk wants Tesla customers to temper their... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: 'The best thing we can do is let Obamacare explode' | Business Insider