Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- High Yield Corporate Algo Gone Wild | iBankCoin.com
- Eluding the Illusion | iBankCoin.com
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
- Russia is de-dollarizing | ZeroHedge
- The Recent Liquidation Avalanche As Explained By Dan Loeb, And Why He Is Back To Shorting Stocks Again | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Hands Are Tied Unless the Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Giants' Hudson hungry for baseball World Series start | Business Insider
- African nations to send 1,000 health workers to Ebola... | Business Insider
- Blackstone Backs Oil Recovery Method That Fights Global Warming | TheStreet.com
- Financial Pros Make Critical Mistakes With Millennial Women Clients | Business Insider
- Dicker: With Low Oil Prices, Which Companies Should You Buy? | TheStreet.com
- I Haven't Worked Out This Much Since I Was 18, And It's All Because Of This Startup | Business Insider
- Morgan Spurlock's New Short Film Explains The Market Economy So Even A Caveman... | Business Insider