Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Fly Buy: $COH | iBankCoin.com
- Least Transparent Ever: Obama Fighting to Prevent Release Of CIA Torture Report | ZeroHedge
- Auto Loan Delinquencies Surge 18% Among Young Americans | ZeroHedge
- The Tragedy Of Propping Up The Matrix Of Lies | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets During Thanksgiving Week | ZeroHedge
- This Indicator Suggests Gold’s Bear Market Has a lot Longer to Go – But Is It Right? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Swiss museum to say whether it accepts Nazi-era art hoard... | Business Insider
- THE PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING REPORT: Real-Time Bidding Is Taking Over The Digital... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This App Will Help You Track Down Drunken Snapchat Photos | Business Insider
- Starz May Finally Be Sold in Yet Another Killer Deal for John Malone | TheStreet.com
- South Korean export muscle sapped by weak yen | Business Insider