Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Greek Depositors Under €100,000 Be Spared In Case Of A "Bail-In" | ZeroHedge
- One Heretic, And Not-So-Simple, View On The Greek Referendum | ZeroHedge
- The "Nightmare Of The Euro-Architects" Is Coming True: JPM Now Sees Grexit, Eurogroup "Split In Coming Days" | ZeroHedge
- GREEKALYPSE NOW | iBankCoin.com
- Europarliament President Threatens Greeks With Armageddon If They Vote No | ZeroHedge
- More Sellside Reactions To The Greek Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Varexit – Greeks Sacrifice Euro Antagonist In Bid To Secure Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These 12 surprising investors in Uber are poised to get really rich | Business Insider
- Apple has been testing a giant iPad for at least three years now (AAPL) | Business Insider
- After Greece's historic 'No' vote markets are... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- They're not engaged, but everything's planned: The life of a secret Pinterest... | Business Insider
- Pope expected to draw more than a million at Ecuador mass... | Business Insider
- Trump says that presidential campaign is 'bad for my brand' | Business Insider