Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who’s Ready For $30 Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Apple Market Cap Tops $700 Billion, Netflix Goes Red In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- How The World's Most Leveraged Hedge Fund Got Away With Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- The Rand-ian Writing On The Wall | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Ferguson In Flames: The Morning After | ZeroHedge
- BEHOLD: ANOTHER SPECULATIVE LONG | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Stop People From Being Able To See That You Read Their Facebook... | Business Insider
- New Hidden Camera TV Show Uses Science To 'Shake People Out Of Their Default Behavior... | Business Insider
- The Entire Premise Of 'Jurassic Park' Is Wrong | Business Insider
- German industrial output rebounds in September | Business Insider
- Hughes in critical condition after hit by cricket ball | Business Insider
- The NFL Is On Pace To Have A Historically Bad Team In The Playoffs | Business Insider
- Here's Why People Don't Believe In Climate Change | Business Insider