Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gun Salesman-In-Chief: 52,600 Weapons Sold Daily Under Obama Admin | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Fed Funds Rate Says Sell US Equities | Financial Sense
- What Is The Source Of Today's Buying Panic: RBC Explains | ZeroHedge
- This Is Where Whites In America Are A Minority | ZeroHedge
- South China Sea: Storm In A "Far Larger" Indian Ocean Teacup | ZeroHedge
- Greece To "Name & Shame" Debtors Owing Over EUR300k To The State | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "There's No Escaping The Fact That This Is A Class War" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wells Fargo to activate clearXchange (WFC) | Business Insider
- The 25 best countries for dating, according to millennials | Business Insider
- There’s something very strange about this rare... | Business Insider
- Apple has created a way to restrict your iPhone from taking pictures at... | Business Insider
- 'A victory for women': Hillary... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong's downturn will be a harbinger of things to come | Business Insider
- New physics discovery could make time travel impossible | Business Insider