Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- How Does A Stock Market Operate In War? Syria - A Case Study | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- French Prosecutor To Open Official Probe Into Francois Fillon's Embezzlement Allegations | ZeroHedge
- In A Battle Between Trump And The Federal Reserve, Who Really Wins? | ZeroHedge
- Tucker Carlson Takes on DNC Advisor Who Doesn't Know How to Identify a Gender | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Officials in legal marijuana states slam the Trump... | Business Insider
- A massive Cloudflare bug means Uber, Fitbit... | Business Insider
- Obama appearance in New York City causes brief commotion | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer gave an ominous warning to the marijuana... | Business Insider
- Trump tweets wildly misleading comparison of the... | Business Insider
- Beijing cements South China Sea land grab with missile... | Business Insider