Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Finally The "Very Serious People" Get It: QE Will "Permanently Impair Living Standards For Generations To Come" | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- Will Greece Call A Referendum On Euro Membership? | ZeroHedge
- China's Banks Cut Dividends Amid Rising Bad Loans, Expectations Of Falling NIM | ZeroHedge
- Top 100 Ranked Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- The Quiet Before the Storm | iBankCoin.com
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- El Nino is heating the ocean around California, but won't deliver the... | Business Insider
- Why pandemic disease and war are so similar | Business Insider
- The truth about how often you should wash your hair, according to science | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Norway's island prison for violent criminals looks like no prison we've ever seen | Business Insider
- Two astronauts are about to launch on a crazy mission that will change how we... | Business Insider
- 8 Mother's Day gifts that any mom would want this year [up to 63% off] | Business Insider