Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- The U.S. and Russia Are Gas Giants | Financial Sense
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Exit a Blue Pill? | Financial Sense
- Are Commodities Talking to Us? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LEAKED: A Gold iPhone 6 Is Coming With A New Apple Logo Design On The Back (AAPL) | Business Insider
- GDP SURGES 4% IN Q2 (SPX, DIA, QQQ, TLT, VIX) | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- China's Going After Zhou Yongkang For Corruption — Here's Everyone In... | Business Insider
- This Video Shows Hamas Fighters Using Tunnels To Attack A Post Inside Israel... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com