Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Are Now Entering the No Selfie Zone | iBankCoin.com
- Japanese Economy Contracts Bigger Than Expected 7.1% in 2nd Quarter | Financial Sense
- Solar in Oil Drilling: Beat Them or Join Them? | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When "Scotland" Comes To Spain? | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Uber X's Latest Driver, Deadmau5 Taking Fares In His $300,000 Mclaren 650S | ZeroHedge
- UK's Cameron Warns Scots "No Way Back" As Independence Vote Remains Too Close To Call | ZeroHedge
- ISIS' Next Target: The Suez Canal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This World Map Shows Every Device Connected To The Internet... | Business Insider
- Here's How a Stronger Dollar Should Be Changing Your Investment Strategy | TheStreet.com
- This Is The Best Description Of How Apple's Business Works Right... | Business Insider
- Bring it on, Mayweather tells Maidana ahead of... | Business Insider
- Tips Every Startup Founder Should Live By, As Told By One Of Silicon... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Social Democrats, far right seen as winners in Sweden vote... | Business Insider