Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- Why $50 Oil Won’t Last | Financial Sense
- Bank of Canada Throws in the Towel on ‘Recovery’ Meme | Financial Sense
- Our Money Is On This Guy | ZeroHedge
- What Crispin Odey, And His $12.4 Billion In AUM, Thinks Are The 6 Risks Underpriced By The Market | ZeroHedge
- Will Obama’s State of the Union Proposals Survive Congress? | Financial Sense
- Pro-Separatist Rebels Launch Offensive On Ukraine City Of Mariupol, Where At Least 21 Die After Intense Shelling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Davos elites warned about catastrophic cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Scientists Discovered What Makes Someone A Good Dancer | Business Insider
- Scientists Have Figured Out Why Rain Has A Smell | Business Insider
- 19 Stocks To Play The Housing Recovery (XHB, BZH, TMHC, NVR, BRP, MDC, TOL, PHM... | Business Insider
- Bank of Japan's Kuroda praises 'big decision' by... | Business Insider
- US Rig Count Falls To Lowest Since August 2010 (BHI, USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- When Marissa Mayer Became CEO Of Yahoo, She Let Thousands Of Employees Ditch Their... | Business Insider