Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple Slides After Missing Revenue, China, ASPs Despite Better iPhone Sales, Guidance | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time For Another World War? (In 2 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- Insider Stock Buying Drops To Lowest Level In Five Years | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Rise But Miss After Dramatic Downward Revision | ZeroHedge
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
- How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ikea sets the prices of its products before they're even designed | Business Insider
- A narco tunnel has been found on the US-Mexico... | Business Insider
- The yen is tumbling | Business Insider
- The US is hitting ISIS targets in Mosul from its military base known... | Business Insider
- The new theory behind baseball's most unhittable pitch | Business Insider
- Trump says he's 'been endorsed largely, at least conceptually, by the military' | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek