Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Not so Silent Demise of Deutsche Bank | Financial Sense
- How Much Money Have Humans Created - A Visual History | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Liquidity Deutsche Bank Has At This Moment, And What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Even High School Kids Can See That Massive Systemic Risk That Deutsche Bank Represents | ZeroHedge
- All This Market Calm Feels Like Mayhem | ZeroHedge
- What's The Opposite Of "Nailed It"? | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chesapeake Energy says it's been subpoenaed over its accounting practices (... | Business Insider
- I visited Greenland, and now I'm freaking out about climate change | Business Insider
- This PlayStation VR game from the creator of 'Tomb Raider' looks... | Business Insider
- New York City's nightmarish Penn Station is getting a much-needed makeover | Business Insider
- Walmart might invest a billion dollars into one of Amazon's biggest rivals (WMT, AMZN) | Business Insider
- Squarespace's New York offices are as sweet as the best Silicon Valley tech... | Business Insider
- NASA: ‘We didn’t change any zodiac signs' | Business Insider