Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Sunni Turn' Against The 'Shiite Crescent': How The Strategic Stupidity Of Washington (And Its Allies) Created ISIS | ZeroHedge
- "Tax Me More" Buffett To Finance Burger King's Tax Inversion Deal | ZeroHedge
- The MOAMOPE by James C. McShirley | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Maximum Boom-Boom | iBankCoin.com
- President Obama Slams "Cynics", Tells World "Nobody Else Can Do What We Do" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Sanctions Costs: German Exports To Russia Collapse, "Risk 50,000 Jobs" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google Acquires A Special Effects Company That... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Economist: 'Buy Equities' (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM... | Business Insider
- 10 Incredible 'Super Mario Bros.' Cheats You’ve Been Missing Out On For... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Legislation Aimed At Tax Inversions Might Not Have Any... | Business Insider
- A New Class At MIT Gives Students Credit For Browsing Reddit | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 5 Most Beloved U.S. Airlines of All Time | TheStreet.com