Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Hillary Cronyism Revealed: Cisco Used Clinton Foundation To Cover-up Human Rights Abuse In China | ZeroHedge
- A MiDSuMMeR NiTe'S SCReaM... | ZeroHedge
- The Greek "White Knight" Emerges: Putin To Give Athens €5 Billion For Advance Gas Pipeline Fees | ZeroHedge
- World Ponders Life After US Hegemony | ZeroHedge
- Congress Is Trying To Reauthorize Key Patriot Act Provisions by Sneaking it Into 'USA Freedom Act' | ZeroHedge
- China Cuts Reserve Ratio Most Since 2008 In Scramble To Preserve Equity Bubble, Boost Economy | ZeroHedge
- China's Bursting Bubble + Grexit Trouble = Dow Rubble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Saudi vows to cover UN aid call for Yemen, keeps up air... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- World champion Kwiatkowski wins Amstel Gold Race | Business Insider
- Stocks are getting destroyed (DIA, SPX, SPY, USD, EUR, GREK) | Business Insider
- Armenians to mark 'genocide' centenary as... | Business Insider
- NOW HIRING: Business Insider is looking for an editor for BI Films | Business Insider
- Now you can get your selfies printed on your Apple Watch (AAPL) | Business Insider