Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Got Trumped! The Donald’s personal military revolution is just Trump change | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 225: Ryan Deiss – 3 Reasons Why College is (still) a Lie | Altucher Confidential
- Chinese Stocks Give Up Trump Gains As $1.7 Trillion Source Of Funds Unwinds | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Paul Ryan And House GOP Address Spending Bill, Obamacare, Trump Tax Reform | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Trump tax plan taxing for the maestro of negotiation? | ZeroHedge
- Hasta La Vista... Traders? (The Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Financial Industry) | Financial Sense
- Trump's Tax Reform Plan: A Cheatsheet Of What Is Known, Leaked, And Is Still Unknown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 schools produce nearly half of all first-round picks in the NFL Draft... | Business Insider
- T-Mobile added more than 1 million subscribers last quarter... | Business Insider
- Investors are losing confidence in oil's comeback | Business Insider
- Caitlyn Jenner defends voting for Trump: 'I'm not a one-issue... | Business Insider
- A judge just blocked Trump's order on 'sanctuary cities... | Business Insider
- The newest flying car is backed by Larry Page — and you can buy it... | Business Insider
- Here's the question a rejected job candidate emailed after her interview that... | Business Insider