Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Emerging Market Meltdown May Plunge Global Economy Into Recession | ZeroHedge
- Portugal's Ruling Coalition Prevails As Country Votes In What Amounts To Austerity Referendum | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
- Saudis Mull Launch Of Regional War As Russia Pounds Targets In Syria For Fourth Day | ZeroHedge
- Manifesto - The Values of Value Investing | ZeroHedge
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
- 10 Reasons Why JPMorgan Is Apocalyptic On The LNG Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Medical charity MSF leaves Afghan city after fatal... | Business Insider
- This email rant just cost a male Girls in Tech employee his job | Business Insider
- Playoff pulse: Alabama not fading away; Ohio State escapes... | Business Insider
- Israel bars Palestinians from Jerusalem Old City for 2... | Business Insider
- Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell dies at age 67:... | Business Insider
- A terrible shake, then roar as Guatemala slide kills 26 | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's personal email server was hit by a 'drive-by' — and that... | Business Insider