Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banks Double Down on the Mistakes of 2008... Creating the Greatest Bubble in Financial History | ZeroHedge
- Al Qaeda In Syria Changed Its Name And Now The US Is Arming Them | ZeroHedge
- How Many Monitors Does The Co-CEO Of The World's Biggest Hedge Fund Need | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: The Right Lessons From Obamacare's Meltdown | ZeroHedge
- When 'Whatever It Takes' Fails: 37% Of Italians Give Up Job Hunt As Welfare State Grows | ZeroHedge
- Confidence In The Fed Is Sinking Fast | ZeroHedge
- Gold - What Happens Next? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Native ads will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021 | Business Insider
- ANN COULTER: This is why the presidential debates will be... | Business Insider
- 7 ways to tell if someone is lying, according to research | Business Insider
- 14 things to say when you get fired that you won't regret | Business Insider
- The 17 highest-paying companies in Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- The French government wants the EU to stop trade talks with... | Business Insider
- Beyonce may give a surprise performance at MTV... | Business Insider