Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Buys U.S. Debt at Fastest Pace on Record | Financial Sense
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- How the Surge of Hot Money Pushes San Francisco to the Brink | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Forget Global Geopolitical Chaos, S&P 500 Surges To All-Time Record High As Gold Slides | ZeroHedge
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
- Web Poll: Bullish or Bearish? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Remarkable Story Of A Rising Terrorism Analyst Who Got Too Close To His Subjects | Business Insider
- France To Deliver First Warship To... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- There's A White Flag Over The Brooklyn Bridge, And The... | Business Insider
- Herbalife Is Surging (HLF) | Business Insider
- International Monitors: Pro-Russian Rebels In Ukraine Have Sawed Into The... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek