Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX SSDD WTF LMAO | ZeroHedge
- Gold Halted As Prices Spike Higher; Stocks Stumbling | ZeroHedge
- The Economy of the Future | Financial Sense
- Paul Volcker, Dodd-Frank and the Cult of Personality | ZeroHedge
- El-Erian Blasts America's Partisan Peril | ZeroHedge
- US Stocks Slammed; Retrace Payroll Gains | ZeroHedge
- Short Term Stock Market Pull-Back Developing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Plug Power (PLUG) Reverses After Stellar Week | TheStreet.com
- This New App Will Let You Stream Cable TV To Your Phone Or Laptop | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- CHART: The Most Mindblowing Statistic About Upworthy, The Viral Site That's Driving... | Business Insider
- Barry Ritholtz Explains Why Hedge Funds Have Lousy Performance | Business Insider
- The New York Times Gave An Incredibly Rare 4-Star Review To A Tiny Sushi... | Business Insider
- Market Are Tanking | Business Insider