Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Merkel's Human Rights Speaker Resigns Over Refugee Policy | ZeroHedge
- Maxine Waters Calls For Trump Impeachment (Before He Takes Office) | ZeroHedge
- Gun Owners Vs. Social Justice Warriors | ZeroHedge
- The True Cause of Prosperity and a Return to the “Old Normal” of Slow Growth | Financial Sense
- The Dallas Pension Fiasco Is Just The Beginning | ZeroHedge
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
- What Vice Costs - The World's Cheapest (& Most Expensive) Countries For Drugs, Booze, & Cigarettes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 18 of the highest-paying consulting firms for MBAs | Business Insider
- Firing someone is hard, but it's one of the most important things a... | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- Amazon is crushing Walmart, eBay, and... | Business Insider
- If you think you're too old to get fit, check out... | Business Insider
- Major banks develop small business blockchain solution | Business Insider
- Obamacare is more popular than ever before | Business Insider