Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is it Time to Load Up on Gold? | Financial Sense
- "Secret" NSA Map Shows Five Years Of Chinese Cyber Attacks | ZeroHedge
- Flight MH370 Wreckage Found, Close To Madagascar | ZeroHedge
- The Cost of Stagnation: We're Living In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- Least Transparent Ever: IRS Used "Wholly Separate" Message System To Hide Communications | ZeroHedge
- The Magic of Idea Math | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Saudi Arabia wants to buy $5.4 billion in advanced... | Business Insider
- The CFO of FireEye, once a Wall Street darling, is leaving and the stock is tumbling (... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Dollar up on Fed rate talk, Asia markets mostly rise | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (QQQ, DIA, SPY, SPX, AMGN, LNKD, AAPL, CCE... | Business Insider
- There's an awkward contradiction at the center of... | Business Insider
- US hits Russian firms and people with more sanctions | Business Insider