Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: Trump Has Enough Delegates To Win The Republican Nomination | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: April Real Retail Sales Up 0.8% | Financial Sense
- Shakespeare On Investing | ZeroHedge
- CNN Lashes Out At Trump Over Vince Foster "Conspiracy", Rushes To Hillary's Defense | ZeroHedge
- Fed Officials Come Looking for a Fight | Financial Sense
- Why China Is Being Flooded With Oil: Billions In Underwater OPEC Loans Repayable In Crude | ZeroHedge
- Worst Economy Since the Great Depression | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried a startup that serves strangers a gourmet meal in random houses... | Business Insider
- NASA is about to expand its giant inflatable habitat on the International Space... | Business Insider
- Why I don't let my kids play The Game of Life | Business Insider
- Salesforce spikes to an all-time high as Wall Street buys into its growth story (CRM... | Business Insider
- Carson Wentz is turning heads at workouts, and it sounds like Sam... | Business Insider
- Jay Z, with a sly new song, finally addressed Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' rumors... | Business Insider
- All Paul Ryan has left is his dignity, and he must not let Donald Trump steal it | Business Insider