Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Playing in the Sand | iBankCoin.com
- Great Big Fat Greek Expectations | ZeroHedge
- US Macro Weakest Since July 2011 As Goldman Affirms Global Economy In Contraction | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton's Latest Scandal: Former SecState Exclusively Used Undocumented, Personal Email Account | ZeroHedge
- How Mario Draghi Is Putting Pensioners At Risk | ZeroHedge
- "What’s Going On" - Traders Stumped As HFTs Frontrun Last Night's Australia "Surprise" Rate Decision | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 4 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kleiner partner Ray Lane on failed workplace romance: 'You... | Business Insider
- Europe's retail sales are surging at the fastest pace in 10 years | Business Insider
- Meet the richest person in 34 major countries around the world | Business Insider
- An entire 154,139 square-foot Italian castle is on the market for $32 million | Business Insider
- The NFL teams with the most money to spend in free agency | Business Insider
- A female tech exec went viral after writing an apology letter to... | Business Insider
- This startup just poached people from Uber and Google to... | Business Insider