Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Government Knows Best - Junk Food Ban Goes Global | ZeroHedge
- Homicides In These 4 Cities Are Spiking To The Highest Levels In 20 Years | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- Mexican Peso Soars To Highest Level Since Trump Election After Banxico Adopts $20 Billion Hedge | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Soars Above $1100, Near Record Highs As Chinese Bypass Crackdown | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BlackBerry's fall from grace, in one chart | Business Insider
- A CEO says too many executives make the same leadership mistake | Business Insider
- Bitcoin soars above $1,100 | Business Insider
- Save up to 50% on Patagonia's best winter gear — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- White House signals reversal in transgender-bathroom policy | Business Insider
- People keep storming GOP town hall meetings around the country | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider