Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Heading Down The J-Hole: "The Fed Isn't Hawkish" | ZeroHedge
- Is The End Nigh? Former FOMC Member Warns "The Fed Is Vulnerable" | ZeroHedge
- How To Trade Jackson Hole: These 3 Currencies Will Move Most To Yellen's Statement | ZeroHedge
- Four More Mega-Banks Join The Anti-Dollar Alliance | ZeroHedge
- CNN Yesterday: Hillary Health Concerns 'Sexist'; CNN Today: Questions Trump's Health | ZeroHedge
- The First Victims Of The Libor Surge Have Emerged... In Japan | ZeroHedge
- Demographic HomeMageddon Underway... Will Last Until At Least 2035 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why a small cancer company's shares are skyrocketing (CLVS) | Business Insider
- Experts are poking holes in Stanford's new... | Business Insider
- Uber lost a whopping $1.27 billion in the first half of 2016 | Business Insider
- Here's your first look at the video project created by Edward Snowden... | Business Insider
- Google and Facebook have a long way to go to get the rest of the world online (GOOG, FB)... | Business Insider
- THE FALSE... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's 18 most memorable cameos in movies and TV | Business Insider