Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Recognition Of China's NPLs Has Begun: A Chinese Bad Loan Is Trying To Find A U.S. Buyer | ZeroHedge
- "A Market Collapse Is On The Horizon" | ZeroHedge
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead At West Texas Ranch | ZeroHedge
- Baby Boomers Are Drowning In Loans: Debt Of Average 67-Year-Old Soared 169% In Past 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Chinese Yuan Countdown Is On | ZeroHedge
- Citi Explains The Most Surprising Thing About The Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Gold Soars, Stocks Sink Despite Biggest Oil Rally In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The team behind Siri has a new idea — meet 'Viv' | Business Insider
- The 20 best high-paying jobs in America for 2016 | Business Insider
- Bond guru Gary Shilling thinks the 10-year Treasury yield is heading to 1% (TLT,... | Business Insider
- 12 weekend bags that double as work bags | Business Insider
- Apple's reportedly doing an... | Business Insider
- The most valuable celebrity endorsement in history might not be enough to save... | Business Insider
- 9 things you didn't know about Air Force One | Business Insider