Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Shale Hedges Fail: The Downside Of Three-Ways | ZeroHedge
- Regarding Crude | iBankCoin.com
- Yellen Decoupled Stocks From Oil, BofA Warns It Won't Last | ZeroHedge
- Preliminary Michigan Consumer Sentiment for December Surges | Financial Sense
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like A 'Run' On The Gold 'Bank' | ZeroHedge
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia brands new sanctions roadblock to Ukraine peace | Business Insider
- Hackers May Have Planted Their 'Time Bomb' Inside Sony Months Ago... | Business Insider
- Get Lifetime Access To More Than 5,000 Adobe Training Videos [84% Off] | Business Insider
- 3 Websites That Will Transform Every Man Into A Modern Gentleman | Business Insider
- "Earthquake" needed to change 2022 World Cup -... | Business Insider
- Here's Where People Are Using Apple Pay The Most (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek