Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US-EU Trade Talks "De Facto Dead" | ZeroHedge
- Markets Cheer BOJ Announcement | Financial Sense
- New DHS Emails Reveal Efforts To Rush Citizenship Grants "Due To Election" | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Cancels Trip To Charlotte After Mayor Tells Her To Stay Home | ZeroHedge
- "The Hillary Coverup Operation" - How PRN Described Clinton's 60-Day "Email Retention Policy" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Fed Saves The Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Foreign Buying Plummets In Vancouver: Sales To Foreigners Crash 96% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside MIT's bonkers, $60 million-per-year laboratory for geniuses | Business Insider
- Disney, not Salesforce, should be the company looking to buy Twitter,... | Business Insider
- THE DISRUPTION OF MOBILE VIDEO: How... | Business Insider
- Americans are paying more taxes and that's great news for workers | Business Insider
- THE US DIGITAL MEDIA AD REVENUE... | Business Insider
- Eight people, including a 3-year-old girl, were hurt in a Baltimore... | Business Insider
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on healthcare | Business Insider