Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 50% Of American Workers Make Less Than $28,031 A Year | ZeroHedge
- Market Boosted by Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings | Financial Sense
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Chart Of The Day: "Cost Of Living" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Jeff Bezos "Value Creation" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- "Why I Will Not Submit To Medical Martial Law" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York Officials Want Everyone To Chill Out About The Ebola Case | Business Insider
- Sony Has Just Made The Most Beautiful Ad Of The Year — Capturing Bubbles As They Turn Into... | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Rockwell Medical, Oxigene, Prosensa, Sarepta | TheStreet.com
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- At Least 9 UNC... | Business Insider
- The 4 Most Common Negotiation Mistakes — And How To Avoid Them | Business Insider
- Zellweger 'new face' highlights Hollywood aging taboo... | Business Insider