Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks on the Right Track Today | iBankCoin.com
- Useful Idiots and the Something for Nothing Society - Part 2 of 4 | ZeroHedge
- M.A.D. Sanctions; Two Games at Once | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Posing in Front of Bears Today | iBankCoin.com
- Dow Drops 300 Points: Turns Red For 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Does It Again: Banco Espirito Santo Bonds & Stock Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Right Now: House Voting Whether To Sue Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung Has Two New Galaxy Smartphones Coming Soon | Business Insider
- Here's Why Rising Rates Can Be Good For Bond Investors | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Under $10 to Trade for Breakouts | TheStreet.com
- Tigers Outfielder Is Traded In The Middle Of An At Bat, Receives Standing... | Business Insider
- One Of Marissa Mayer's Biggest Defenders Has Turned... | Business Insider
- The Pace Of Manufacturing In Europe Is Sitting At A 7-Month Low | Business Insider
- Alaska Air Counters Delta Assault With Secret Weapon: Unified Employees | TheStreet.com