Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Salting The Economy To Death | ZeroHedge
- Winning, but Losing, at the Penny-Pitch: A Look at the Coming Collapse of the European Union | ZeroHedge
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: November 27 | ZeroHedge
- US Real Estate: The Lay of the Land | Financial Sense
- If Black Friday Was A Movie | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The Latest: France focused on destroying IS HQ in Raqqa | Business Insider
- Planned Parenthood shooter... | Business Insider
- Italy's quiet upswing — consumer confidence just... | Business Insider
- The Latest: March planned along Michigan Avenue in Chicago... | Business Insider
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield expected to play vs Oklahoma St | Business Insider
- Some questions, answers about Minneapolis police shooting... | Business Insider