Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Equity Futures Unable To Rally Despite Avalanche Of Bad Global News | ZeroHedge
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- High Beta And Yield Celebrate Lehman 6 Year Anniversary By Plunging | ZeroHedge
- Do NOT Let the "Strong" Dollar Illusion Lead Your Wealth Preservation Strategies Astray | ZeroHedge
- Record Highs? 47% Of Nasdaq Stocks In Bear Market, Down 24% On Average | ZeroHedge
- LISTEN TO ME NOW: IT’S APRIL ALL OVER AGAIN | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- MICROSOFT IS BUYING THE COMPANY BEHIND MINECRAFT FOR $2.5 BILLION (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Britain's Prince Harry turns 30 with a beer... and... | Business Insider
- The Incredible Story Of How Alibaba Defeated eBay And Became An Internet... | Business Insider
- Alibaba Flotation Gives Yahoo An Opportunity To Turn... | Business Insider
- Google Interest in eBay Sends Auction Site's Shares Spiking | TheStreet.com
- Johnny Manziel Made His NFL Debut In Unspectacular Fashion | Business Insider