Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Stalemates and Skulls | iBankCoin.com
- Rocking the Red with Style | iBankCoin.com
- In Venezuela, This Is How You Convert $1 Into $175,000 | ZeroHedge
- MeMoRieS OF RuSSiA... | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fisher Admits Stocks Are At "Eye-Popping Levels" | ZeroHedge
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennials Use Coupons More Than Their Parents | Business Insider
- 11 Reasons Wawa Is America's Best Convenience Store | Business Insider
- Why Sony Needs Its 'Annie' Remake To Do Well | Business Insider
- Why You Should Never Let Your Employees Know You’re Stressed | Business Insider
- Coolest 2014 Cars Under $25,000 | TheStreet.com
- A Swedish Artist Has Designed A Beautiful Memorial For The 77 Victims Of The Oslo... | Business Insider
- The State Department Put Out A List Of Vladimir Putin's Top 10... | Business Insider