Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trade Ideas For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Greenspan Baffled Over Bitcoin 'Bubble': "To Be Worth Something, It Must Be Backed By Something" | ZeroHedge
- Herbalife Spikes To Record High On Bass Bullishness And Icahn's "No Sale" | ZeroHedge
- ISM Non-Manufacturing: November Saw Slower Growth Than Expected | Financial Sense
- QE Deflationary? No Kidding! | Financial Sense
- A Few Afternoon Hits | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Friday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 12/... | StreetInsider.com
- 15 Bizarre Things That Candidates Have Done In Job... | Business Insider
- 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Releases Emotionally-Charged Video Tribute To Paul... | Business Insider
- China Mobile Deal Offers The iPhone A... | Business Insider
- Citi, Morgan Stanley Downgraded on Fed Taper Fear | TheStreet.com
- How the iPad Air Won Black Friday and Cyber Monday | TheStreet.com
- 11 Moments That Made The Ford Mustang The Ultimate American Car | Business Insider