Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 2013 Terrorism & Political Violence Map | ZeroHedge
- The Old Tech Theme Redux | iBankCoin.com
- HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB | Altucher Confidential
- Rick Santelli: Europe Is Baking Rotten Cookies | Financial Sense
- Leading Employment Indicators Suggest Higher Highs Into the Fall | Financial Sense
- Long-Term Breakout | Financial Sense
- This Might Be Why There’s a Student Debt Bubble | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Someone In Southern California Won $59,000 By Losing This Incredible Hand Of Poker Last Night | Business Insider
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Ford Is a Buy | TheStreet.com
- Trying To Squeeze Everything From Employees Leads To Fraud | Business Insider
- Big Bank Phobia: Liquidity, Stupid, Not Just Capital | TheStreet.com
- Leading Pakistani Politician Zahra Shahid Hussain Shot Dead Outside... | Business Insider
- One Person In Florida Won Last Night's Gigantic Powerball Jackpot | Business Insider
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Has Scheduled A... | Business Insider