Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Economy In Two Pictures | ZeroHedge
- Blood (and Snow) on the Street | Financial Sense
- Dutch National TV News Broadcast Interrupted By Gunman Demanding Airtime, Building Evacuated | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why The ECB's QE Will Work, According To The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Gold Falls on Deflation Concerns | Financial Sense
- "Lost In Translation" Error Sends Belarus Bonds Plunging | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor - Playing Possum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- New Saudi king announces major government shake-up | Business Insider
- This Business Card Is The Stretched... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- India head for winless tour after further batting failure... | Business Insider
- Serena wins first set of Australian Open final... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek