Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Slams "Clueless Fed" Over 1.2% Growth In 12 Months | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Ignores Nation's "Anxiety & Fear"; No Change To Open-Door Migration Policy | ZeroHedge
- An Upside Down World | Financial Sense
- Russia To US: "Sort Out Your Own Hacking Scandal; It Is Not Our Headache" | ZeroHedge
- Monte Paschi Fails European "Stress Test" Meant To Restore Confidence In Europe's Struggling Banks | ZeroHedge
- Russia And China Will Hold Joint Naval Drills In Contested South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- No One Can Stop Her... And She Knows It: "This Election Won't Be Fair" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US assessing reports that coalition airstrikes... | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: America is at a 'moment of reckoning' | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- Blake Bortles is trying to fix his biggest weakness to help make the... | Business Insider
- People are more addicted to Facebook than ever (FB) | Business Insider
- Here's a quick guide to what traders are talking about on 'one of... | Business Insider
- Facebook and YouTube are killing Vine: Half of Vine's top 9,725 accounts have now deleted their profiles or... | Business Insider