Another Apple Article: They Missed
Yes, yet another article about Apple Inc (AAPL). The company missed on earnings today (Jan 23rd) and its shares are down after-hours. Apple shares are falling 5% in after-hours trading.
The richest corporation on the planet earth missed the Street by $220 million for Q1. That really doesn't sound that bad when Apple Inc. raked in $54.5 billion in revenue. Apple expects its forward Q2 to be between $41 to $43 billion, $2 billion shy of what the Street wanted.
Expect to hear all about it and read a million articles about Apple tomorrow. As I type Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are at $485 and down almost 5%.
They still sold a ton of iShit, including the following in Q1:
- 47.8 million iPhones
- 22.9 million iPads
- 4.1 million Macs
- 12.7 million iPods
If Apple shares continue to tank they will provide a great entry point for bystander investors.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Inflation on Our Doorstep? | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- Will The Real Hillary Clinton Please Stand Up? | ZeroHedge
- Putting The 'Great' In Great Depression, Stephen Roach Warns On TPP's Currency Rules | ZeroHedge
- Inaccurate Statistics And The Threat To Bonds | ZeroHedge
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (Three Charts) | Financial Sense
- Is The Oil Glut Real? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The new David Foster Wallace movie is much more than a biopic | Business Insider
- Google wants to put 360-degree action movies on your phone (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Google's new finger control technology is straight out of a science fiction... | Business Insider
- Get ready for Amazon milk and cereal, as company... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek