Another Apple Article: They Missed
Yes, yet another article about Apple Inc (AAPL). The company missed on earnings today (Jan 23rd) and its shares are down after-hours. Apple shares are falling 5% in after-hours trading.
The richest corporation on the planet earth missed the Street by $220 million for Q1. That really doesn't sound that bad when Apple Inc. raked in $54.5 billion in revenue. Apple expects its forward Q2 to be between $41 to $43 billion, $2 billion shy of what the Street wanted.
Expect to hear all about it and read a million articles about Apple tomorrow. As I type Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are at $485 and down almost 5%.
They still sold a ton of iShit, including the following in Q1:
- 47.8 million iPhones
- 22.9 million iPads
- 4.1 million Macs
- 12.7 million iPods
If Apple shares continue to tank they will provide a great entry point for bystander investors.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market’s Bill of Health – Momentum Continues to Weaken | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Escalates: Police, Some Armed With Chainsaws, Storm Protest Camp - Live Webcasts | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Mandela and Obama: Millions of Miles Apart | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 10 | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands After Losing Its AAA Credit Rating | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: Changes in South African Inequality During Mandela’s Life | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 25 Awesome Gifts Under $25 For Your Office Secret Santa Pool | Business Insider
- The Global Economy In Two Lines | Business Insider
- Barack Obama, Ashton Kutcher, And Shakira Want Every Teacher To Spend One Hour Teaching... | Business Insider
- Inside All Of This Weekend's Star-Studded Art Basel Parties In Miami [PHOTOS... | Business Insider