Another Apple Article: They Missed
Yes, yet another article about Apple Inc (AAPL). The company missed on earnings today (Jan 23rd) and its shares are down after-hours. Apple shares are falling 5% in after-hours trading.
The richest corporation on the planet earth missed the Street by $220 million for Q1. That really doesn't sound that bad when Apple Inc. raked in $54.5 billion in revenue. Apple expects its forward Q2 to be between $41 to $43 billion, $2 billion shy of what the Street wanted.
Expect to hear all about it and read a million articles about Apple tomorrow. As I type Apple Inc (AAPL) shares are at $485 and down almost 5%.
They still sold a ton of iShit, including the following in Q1:
- 47.8 million iPhones
- 22.9 million iPads
- 4.1 million Macs
- 12.7 million iPods
If Apple shares continue to tank they will provide a great entry point for bystander investors.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Nav Sarao Had To Be Destroyed: He Found A Way To Beat The HFTs At Their Own Game | ZeroHedge
- Gold: Year 2007 Again | Financial Sense
- Greek Bank Will Write Off Up To €20,000 In Debt For "Poverty-Stricken" Borrowers | ZeroHedge
- I’M SO BULLISH | iBankCoin.com
- Spot The Odd "VIX" Out | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Soars To Record Highs On Dismal Data & Vapid Volume | ZeroHedge
- Pascal’s Wager | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS HIT ALL-TIME HIGHS: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, WTI, USO, OIL, GLD,... | Business Insider
- Brooklyn may get a brand-new 5-mile subway line | Business Insider
- Human rights record not overshadowing European Games... | Business Insider
- Chart shows just how crazy the Golden State Warriors'... | Business Insider
- If you were looking for a sign that we've hit 'The Top,' here... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek