New 12 Month High for 3D Systems
Great day for shareholders of 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD), its shares hit a new 52-week high of $31.56 today. Mastery brought this stock to you just a few weeks ago when it was under $24.
Recall our April 12th article 3D Printing: The Next Big Thing. There's no need to cut and paste what we already said as the article title says it all.
We stand by our thesis -- While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Congrats to all the DDD longs.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits | Financial Sense
- Back on the Cusp of All-Time Highs | Financial Sense
- Is China’s Economy Too Big to Transform? | Financial Sense
- This Is Your Recovery, And This Is Your Recovery Without Drugs | ZeroHedge
- Just What Has QE Accomplished Since 2009? | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: For Caterpillar, The "Great Recovery" Is Now Worse Than The "Great Recession" | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Minutes Show Many Members Believe Rates Should Rise Sooner | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- APPLE $100 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- HP's Ongoing Layoffs Have Dragged Down Its Best Quarter In Three Years (HPQ) | Business Insider
- This Chart Shows The Divide Between Whites And Blacks... | Business Insider
- Steven Cohen's Hedge Fund Is Losing Its President, A 15 Year Firm Vet | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer Says Expect to See More From Google in Next Few Years | TheStreet.com
- These New Technologies Are Making Smartphones Less... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek