3 Stocks to Battle the March 27th Deadline
Mastery pinpointed The Return of Volatility and there is cause to believe it could spark up again very soon. The true deadline is not March 1st for the U.S. to get their shit together, it's March 27th.
Stocks are trading on headlines and they turn positive on the turn of a dime. There is reason to believe stocks can keep running in 2013 with record profits, strong balance sheets and the U.S. housing sector on the mend. However we won't be able escape volatility in our equities unless Congress agrees to extend funding by March 27th. That is the deadline for the federal government and if they don't act it shuts down.
Since October 2010, the federal government has been funded by a series of “continuing resolutions,” temporary extensions of current discretionary spending on programs, other than mandatory entitlements such as Social Security and Medicare and some defense spending. The current measure, passed in October 2012, runs out March 27, meaning Congress is slated for another continuing resolution before then. source:abc news
Of course very few believe that will actually happen and we certainly don't. The Powers-that-be are putting the U.S. at risk of a potential downgrade, but perhaps our bullish stocks don't care? Mastery would love to believe that is the case.
Keep the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) at your disposal. We also are going to look for a few strong big cap names to throw some money at to ride the bullish trend should everything be solved on by the 27th. Go with the old man stocks with broad exposure and tons of money such as General Electric (GE) and Procter & Gamble Company (PG). Those two names are trading near their respective 12 month highs and those are the 'safest' stocks to invest in should the bullish trend continue. They also won't fall like a knife in the face of volatility.
3 Stocks to Consider until March 27th
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap July 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- US Evacuates Libya Embassy Following Biggest Local Violence Since Gadhafi Ouster | ZeroHedge
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- Following First Ebola Death Nigeria "On Red Alert", Deploys Specialists To Airports For Containment | ZeroHedge
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Photos Of The Best Cosplay From San Diego Comic-Con 2014 | Business Insider
- US: Here's Proof Russian Troops Are Shelling Ukrainians From... | Business Insider
- Putin's MH17 Lies Have Grave Consequences... | Business Insider
- Peter Jackson Walked Through San Diego Comic-Con As A Jester And No One... | Business Insider
- The Story Behind Sarepta's Firing of Its Top Scientist | TheStreet.com
- Market Wrap: Housing Sales... | StreetInsider.com