3 Stocks to Battle the March 27th Deadline
Mastery pinpointed The Return of Volatility and there is cause to believe it could spark up again very soon. The true deadline is not March 1st for the U.S. to get their shit together, it's March 27th.
Stocks are trading on headlines and they turn positive on the turn of a dime. There is reason to believe stocks can keep running in 2013 with record profits, strong balance sheets and the U.S. housing sector on the mend. However we won't be able escape volatility in our equities unless Congress agrees to extend funding by March 27th. That is the deadline for the federal government and if they don't act it shuts down.
Since October 2010, the federal government has been funded by a series of “continuing resolutions,” temporary extensions of current discretionary spending on programs, other than mandatory entitlements such as Social Security and Medicare and some defense spending. The current measure, passed in October 2012, runs out March 27, meaning Congress is slated for another continuing resolution before then. source:abc news
Of course very few believe that will actually happen and we certainly don't. The Powers-that-be are putting the U.S. at risk of a potential downgrade, but perhaps our bullish stocks don't care? Mastery would love to believe that is the case.
Keep the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) at your disposal. We also are going to look for a few strong big cap names to throw some money at to ride the bullish trend should everything be solved on by the 27th. Go with the old man stocks with broad exposure and tons of money such as General Electric (GE) and Procter & Gamble Company (PG). Those two names are trading near their respective 12 month highs and those are the 'safest' stocks to invest in should the bullish trend continue. They also won't fall like a knife in the face of volatility.
3 Stocks to Consider until March 27th
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Man Shot Outside University of Washington MILO Event, Gunman Spoke On Camera Minutes Before Incident (VIDEO) | ZeroHedge
- Yellen: Hot For Obama... But Not Trump | ZeroHedge
- Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War | Financial Sense
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
- Madonna: "I Have Thought An Awful Lot About Blowing Up The White House" | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
- Summing Up 8 Years Of Barack Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why mortgage rates will stay low | Business Insider
- 72 years ago, the Allies beat back the last great Nazi... | Business Insider
- This is what it looks like when society collapses | Business Insider
- 9 innovative kitchen gadgets that will change the way you cook breakfast | Business Insider
- The Rolls-Royce shipping command center concept looks right out of a sci-fi... | Business Insider
- Trump campaign: Trump may not enforce individual... | Business Insider
- Gregg Popovich says Wizards 'got off easy,' should... | Business Insider