3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Talks Truthiness: "Hey Look, I'm The President, And You're Not" | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream: An Endangered Ethos | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Yield Curve and Why the Fed Is Raising Rates | Financial Sense
- The Swamp Drains Trump | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: Medicare Part G? | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- Fund flows of this size could mark a top, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The human mind is hardwired to worry — here’s how the philosophy of Roman emperor Marcus... | Business Insider
- GE chief Jeff Immelt has an 'added incentive' to slash costs... | Business Insider
- 'We're fleshing it out': Trump appears to be... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000 | Business Insider
- How Trump's crackdown on undocumented immigrants could embolden... | Business Insider
- TRUMP ISSUES ULTIMATUM: Pass this bill or Obamacare stays | Business Insider
- ESPN's Stephen A Smith got into an epic shouting match with Lavar... | Business Insider