3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DEATH, MISERY and a BEAR MARKET | iBankCoin.com
- The "Great Accumulation" Is Over: The Biggest Risk Facing The World's Central Banks Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- A Layman's Explanation Of The Wall Street Rigged Casino Analogy | ZeroHedge
- How Are You Guys Feeling? | iBankCoin.com
- ConocoPhillips Fires 10% Of Global Workforce, Warns Of "Dramatic Downturn" To Oil Industry | ZeroHedge
- The Alarming Regularity of 6 and 7-Sigma Events Illustrates Why a Deep Understanding of Banker-Induced Fraud is a Necessity | ZeroHedge
- September 2015: We Officially Enter The Danger Zone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4,300 migrants arrive in Athens as govt holds crisis talks... | Business Insider
- After a month, Windows 10 is already more widespread than OS X Yosemite (... | Business Insider
- Clooney, Bush and Biden among Stephen Colbert's first... | Business Insider
- US auto sales expected to drop in August | Business Insider
- CNN just made a major change to its debate rules that will benefit one of the GOP... | Business Insider
- 50 incredible bars you should drink at in your lifetime | Business Insider
- Socialbakers has a new CEO | Business Insider