3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Losses Hurt More Than Gains | ZeroHedge
- Cashless Society - Is The War On Cash Set To Benefit Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Life After 11/9 - Governing The Ungovernable | ZeroHedge
- The Chinese Buyers Are Back: China Oceanwide Acquires Genworth For $2.7 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market in Crisis, Risks Collapse: LBMA | Financial Sense
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- Dems Squirm On Sunday Morning Talk Shows As WikiLeaks And O'Keefe Promise More Surprises | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The rise, fall, and pivot of Theranos, in one graphic | Business Insider
- A 'Jeopardy!' champion reveals his 5 best tips for better memory | Business Insider
- JetBlue wants the federal government to make it easier for foreign carriers... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Experts say 'mind-reading' computers are just a decade away | Business Insider
- Hot investing app Acorns just snagged Airbnb to give its customers 'free money' | Business Insider
- Obamacare premiums are going up by an average of... | Business Insider