3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2,200 National Guard Troops To Be Deployed In Ferguson Tonight, Up From 700 | ZeroHedge
- PLaNeS, LaMeBRaiNS AND BaNKSTeR SCHLeMieLS... | ZeroHedge
- THE TURKEY GODS ARE HERE | iBankCoin.com
- A Tale Of Two Credit Markets: New Auto Loans Highest In 9 Years As New Mortgages Slump Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Fortunes Will be Made | iBankCoin.com
- Just 8 Numbers | ZeroHedge
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iran nuclear deal deadline extended to July 1 | Business Insider
- 'Casablanca' piano sold for $3.4 million at US... | Business Insider
- Samsung sells defence, petrochemical units for $1.7 bn | Business Insider
- US National Guard deployed as Ferguson protests | Business Insider
- Why the U.S. Economy Is So Much Stronger Than Anyone Expected | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- With Putin's Russia Looming, Finland Is Now Debating Joining NATO | Business Insider