3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canadian Dollar Surges Most In 2 Years As "Tax Inversion" Euphoria Hits FX | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Forget Geopolitical De-Escalation - Here's The Real Reason Why Oil Is Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Make That Coffee to Go | iBankCoin.com
- It Begins: Council On Foreign Relations Proposes That "Central Banks Should Hand Consumers Cash Directly" | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Treasury Curve Collapse Signals Multiple Expansion Exuberance Is Over | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Obama: 'Justice Will Be Done' After James Foley... | Business Insider
- After... | StreetInsider.com
- Delta Is Right on the Ex-Im Bank -- Too Bad the Tea Party Is Its Biggest Ally | TheStreet.com
- Comedy stars feted at Emmys, suspense for drama awards | Business Insider
- S&P 500 closes above 2,000 for first time | Business Insider
- Startups Need To Ask Themselves, 'Am I A College Or Professional... | Business Insider