3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JGB Yields Spike in Spite of all the BOJ Bond Buying | Financial Sense
- Brussels Puts Spain Under Surveillance | Financial Sense
- Greenback Going Old School | iBankCoin.com
- The Debt Ceiling Is Back | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Launches Three Missiles Into Eastern Sea | ZeroHedge
- "Boldly They Rode And Well", Or Why Japan Is Not America | ZeroHedge
- Market Rally Continues Along With QE | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ANALYST: The Past Two Weeks Were A Preview Of The 'Horror Movie' Coming... | Business Insider
- Financial Genius Has Evaporated, But We Can Bring It Back | Business Insider
- You Can Get A Computer Science Degree From A Top School For $7,000 | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Magazine Getting Backlash After Printing Zoe Saldana's Weight On... | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: GOOG AAPL CREE | TheStreet.com
- Former Abercrombie Manager Alleges That Workers Were Fired For Being Too Fat | Business Insider