3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The SEC's Latest Investigative Tactic: Bar Hopping With Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Does The U.S. Have A Plan For The Post-Oil Era? | ZeroHedge
- "The Great White Hope" | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In China, Cow-Collateralized Stock Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- "You Are Redefining Yourself As A Comic-Book Villain" - Nick Denton's Open Letter To Peter Thiel | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Soar On Hawkish Fed As Gold Suffers Worst Week In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Predicts Yellen Will Be Dovish Today; Is "Quite Sure" Oil Prices Are Going Down Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- David Cameron thinks Boris Johnson could be the next... | Business Insider
- The risk of microcephaly could be as high as 13... | Business Insider
- Retail fraud is rising and doesn't look like it's... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- Washington Post scorches Hillary Clinton in scathing editorial slamming... | Business Insider
- Petro-currencies are slipping — here's what's happening in FX | Business Insider
- Jawbone has stopped making its UP fitness trackers and sold remaining... | Business Insider