3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ex-Morgan Stanley Chief Economist Admits "Fed Is Distorting Markets" | ZeroHedge
- The Squeeze Continues... "Most Shorted" Stocks Are Screaming Higher | ZeroHedge
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- Forget Ferrari, The $803,300 Red Flag L5 Is The New Must-Have Car In China | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Fatty | ZeroHedge
- China Goes Dark: PBOC To Keep Goldbugs Clueless About Its Gold Buying Spree | ZeroHedge
- Has Inflation in the U.S. Bottomed Out? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Teenager Shot After Cutting Line At Foot... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This Is What It's Like To Work For Billionaire Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen... | Business Insider
- This Year Capped The Deadliest 3-Year Period For Sherpas... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Facebook Has A Mobile Ad Network On The Way, And It Could Be Huge New... | Business Insider