3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russian Search Helicopter Downed Near Syrian Border By US-Made Anti-Tank Missile, Rebels Claim | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Tiffany Tumbles After Missing EPS, Slashing Guidance; Blames Strong Dollar, "Volatile, Uncertain Conditions" | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Fall For First Time In Six Days As Commodity Rout Spills Over Into Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Has Deflation Been Defeated? | Financial Sense
- Mixed Demand For 5 Year Paper As Auction Tails | ZeroHedge
- Trump On Waterboarding: "You Bet Your Ass I'd Approve It, Even If It Doesn't Work" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former 'Donkey Kong' record holder's cartoon... | Business Insider
- Lots of people in London are betting this will be... | Business Insider
- Messi, Suarez, Neymar on list for UEFA Team of the Year | Business Insider
- 8 documentaries that will make you smarter about money | Business Insider
- Meg Whitman: Dell's $67 billion acquisition of EMC is the exact opposite of... | Business Insider
- Apple is bringing Apple Pay to China (AAPL) | Business Insider
- NATO calls 'extraordinary meeting' after... | Business Insider