3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- Kansas City Fed Survey: February Activity Highest Since 2011 | Financial Sense
- 50% Of College Students Believe Their Student Loans Will Be Forgiven By Federal Government | ZeroHedge
- US-Backed Siege Of Mosul Shows How The Hypocritical Media Manipulates Us | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Speech, Europe Elections, and Political Soapbox Opera | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Uber CEO Argues With Driver Over Declining Fares - "Take Responsibility For Your Own Shit" | ZeroHedge
- Millionaire Migrants: Countries That Rich People Are Flocking To | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'This is about war-fighting capability... | Business Insider
- Valeant beats on the top and bottom lines (VRX) | Business Insider
- A CEO and former Googler shares her 2 favorite job interview questions | Business Insider
- The most important quotes from Trump's first... | Business Insider
- Foam no longer cleans the way it used to — here's why | Business Insider
- A woman who interviewed 200 couples found most of them describe their... | Business Insider
- CHINA: We hope US defense spending 'can benefit... | Business Insider