3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Homes Sales Surprise Forecast | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Kiss Your Pension Fund Goodbye" | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Cuba - Figuring Out Pieces Of The Puzzle | ZeroHedge
- Financial Insanity Grips The World | ZeroHedge
- "Graccident" Will Trigger The Demise Of The ECB And The World's Toxic Regime Of Keynesian Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Japan Pleases Markets With Surprise Growth | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile In India, It Is So Hot The Roads Are Melting, "One Billion People Impacted" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nadal, Djokovic, Serena eye Paris last-32 | Business Insider
- Rand Paul and Bobby Jindal spent the day fighting over ISIS | Business Insider
- Google wants to put 360-degree action movies on your phone (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 20 incredibly impressive kids graduating from high school this year | Business Insider
- Republicans rip the Clintons for their 'secret shell company' | Business Insider
- 3 fundamental lessons Warren Buffett learned from his mentor Ben... | Business Insider
- BILL GROSS: My 'short of a lifetime' was 'well timed... | Business Insider