3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Policymakers' Intentions are More Critical Drivers than Macroeconomics in Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Trounces Trump, Exclaims Election Is Entertainment "Orchestrated By Major Media" | ZeroHedge
- How Bad Can This Get, And How Fast? | ZeroHedge
- Portugal's Ruling Coalition Prevails As Country Votes In What Amounts To Austerity Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
- Manifesto - The Values of Value Investing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Adidas, Kia decline to call for immediate Blatter exit | Business Insider
- The VW scandal proves that we... | Business Insider
- Lambo's field goal as time expires lifts Bolts over... | Business Insider
- Priest arrested after allegedly... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The biggest mistake in 'The Martian' is absolutely critical to the movie'... | Business Insider
- Trump defends 2nd Amendment following Oregon shootings | Business Insider