3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If Everything Is So Great, Then Why Do Two-Thirds Of Americans Say The Country Is On The Wrong Track? | ZeroHedge
- Corrupt Or Just Stupid? Markets Hand Corporations An Unlimited Credit Card | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- Don't Show President Obama This Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Day Data-Dependence Died: US Macro Has Longest-Winning Streak In History | ZeroHedge
- What The Sudden Spike In The TED-Spread Really Means | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Makes History As First Female Presidential Nominee | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Suicide Squad' director just shot down a huge fan theory about the... | Business Insider
- 11 optical illusions your brain simply can't handle | Business Insider
- Turkey's crackdown on academics has a long history | Business Insider
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump challenges Hillary Clinton to hold a press conference: 'I think it's time' | Business Insider
- You've never heard an animal sound as weird as this baby panda | Business Insider
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic... | Business Insider