3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- "It's Just Crazy" (Again): 2-Bedroom LA House Sells 40% Above Asking | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Generals | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Alert: Stocks Are Trading Based on Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud, Not Growth | ZeroHedge
- UC Davis Rolls Out "Morning After Pill" Vending Machines - "It Encourages Responsibility" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams "Disrespectful" North Korea After Unsuccessful Missile-Test, Warns Situation Is "Bad" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Have Best Week Of The Year As Economy Grinds To A Halt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A toned-down White House Correspondents Dinner carried on... | Business Insider
- CREDIT SUISSE: Alphabet is a lot more than just Google (GOOGL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- An expert in self defense reveals how to fight back if you... | Business Insider
- Trump's wealthy cabinet is driving up luxury-home prices in DC | Business Insider
- This gif shows all of the US presidents in order of height | Business Insider
- A $28 billion hedge fund is pushing into machine learning (EMG) | Business Insider
- German finance minister on Brexit: 'There is no free... | Business Insider