3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Reckoning for 3D Printers | iBankCoin.com
- Ebola 2014 Is Mutating As Fast As Seasonal Flu | ZeroHedge
- Latest Central Bank Sticksave Halts Futures Slide, Sends E-Mini Soaring After ECB Said "Looking To Buy Bonds" | ZeroHedge
- In Uncharted Waters | ZeroHedge
- Better Nugs Needed | iBankCoin.com
- Chain Store Sales Growth Worst Since 2010 (Or Why "The Fed Turned The Market Around") | ZeroHedge
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Is Making a Big Push Into…Asian Fast Food? | TheStreet.com
- Let's Face It: The UK Is A Much Better Place For... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Breakeven Oil Prices For America's Shale Basins | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Paralysed man walks again after breakthrough spinal... | Business Insider
- N. Korea says Kim Jong-Un freed US detainee at Obama... | Business Insider
- China's Q3 GDP growth falls to five-year low at 7... | Business Insider