3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Huge Tail And Sliding Bid To Cover, 30Y Treasury Prices At Lowest Yield Since January 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
- Putting It All Together: When Does The Junk Bond Sell Off End, And When Should One Buy | ZeroHedge
- The Most Ominous Warning That Oil Storage Is About To Overflow Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "Markets Are Crying Out For A Circuit Breaker", But There Is A Problem | ZeroHedge
- Social Justice, Prosperity, and Precious Metals | ZeroHedge
- If Chesapeake Does Not Go Bankrupt In Just Over One Month, This Could Be The Trade Of The Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Federal Reserve isn't sure if it has the legal authority to implement... | Business Insider
- Why Netflix doesn't tolerate brilliant jerks | Business Insider
- The internet ad industry thinks the term 'second-screening' should be replaced with 'switch-screening'... | Business Insider
- The former head of the nation's largest sheriff... | Business Insider
- It’s time for retailers to start paying close attention to social media | Business Insider
- Boise State basketball player's insane game-winning shot was waved... | Business Insider
- New Ted Cruz ad savages Donald Trump as 'sleaze' | Business Insider