3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PANIC OVER–Heading Higher Again | iBankCoin.com
- Exaggerating the Dollar’s Demise | Financial Sense
- Follow Last Week’s Narrative (For Now) | Financial Sense
- Obama, Meet Horsehead: Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Pure Madness: Revenueless, Assetless CYNK Soars Over $5Bn; Bigger Than GameStop, Cablevision, Jabil Circuit | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Finally Stopped Out Of Its Treasury Short | ZeroHedge
- 30 Year Auction Tails Despite Surge In Indirect Takedown, Lowest Yield In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Android One Will... | Business Insider
- Latest Sarepta Study Update Shows Greater Decline in Walking Ability | TheStreet.com
- Japan Just Posted A Staggering Plunge In Machine Tool Sales | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Raised $70,000 For Potato Salad On Kickstarter Wants To Give Money To... | Business Insider
- A 15-Year-Old Girl Was Killed Trying To Stop Someone From Stealing Her iPhone... | Business Insider
- Company Behind West Virginia Chemical Spill Fined Just $11,000 | Business Insider
- Lumber Liquidators Is Crashing (LL) | Business Insider