3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese, Germans Bidding To Turn Abandoned Nuclear Wasteland Of Chernobyl Into Solar Farm | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Peso Slump As Trump Warns "We're Transferring Power From Washington To 'The People'" | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Brick-and-Mortar Retail an "Absolute Train Wreck" | Financial Sense
- Inequality Doesn't Create Poverty | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
- Madonna: "I Have Thought An Awful Lot About Blowing Up The White House" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures, Dollar Rise As World Awaits Trump Inauguration Speech | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how the anti-Trump protests played out in Washington during the... | Business Insider
- This new Periodic Table shows the astounding origins of every atom in your body | Business Insider
- White nationalist Richard Spencer got punched in the face... | Business Insider
- 17 photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over... | Business Insider
- This modern, stylish suitcase is guaranteed for life — plus, it charges your... | Business Insider
- 25 surprising things that can make you successful | Business Insider
- Trump's supporters looking forward to what's next as their choice is sworn in as... | Business Insider