3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Did The UK Enter The EU In The First Place? | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed Dead-Cat-Bounce Crashes To 3-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- "People Need To Know The Real Hillary Clinton And How Dangerous She Is" | ZeroHedge
- "Trying To Wash Away Her Bad Judgement?" - Clinton Attacks Trump Following Brexit Results | ZeroHedge
- US Stocks Erase All Post-QE3 Gains, Tumble To Fed Balance Sheet 'Reality' Once More | ZeroHedge
- Greenspan Warns A Crisis Is Imminent, Urges A Return To The Gold Standard | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Keith Barron on Helicopter Drops, Gold, and Brexit | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tragic new photos of the devastating wildfires ravaging California | Business Insider
- US: No change in Iran behavior in Syria since nuclear deal | Business Insider
- People are spending less at restaurants... | Business Insider
- 7 big investment mistakes you're probably making | Business Insider
- That time a Navy F-14 accidentally-on-purpose shot down an Air Force F-4 during... | Business Insider
- Ex-Pixar animators helped create this insanely smart toy robot | Business Insider
- Houston Astros' Jose Altuve tripped 90 feet before accomplishing a rare... | Business Insider