3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Oil Rig Count Rises To 10-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- This Is The "Most Dangerous Moment In Human History," Stephen Hawking Warns | ZeroHedge
- Obama Supports Forcing Women To Register For Military Draft | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Scramble For Gold In China Sends Premiums To 3 Year High | ZeroHedge
- VIX Flash-Crashes On Payrolls Print, Stocks Sink | ZeroHedge
- “Otto” Self-Driving Truck Test on Ohio Roads This Week | Financial Sense
- BaN THe BRo... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 major cities just announced plans to ban all diesel vehicles | Business Insider
- 5 super toxic people to avoid at work | Business Insider
- Video by New York Times reporter shows just how massive the Standing Rock... | Business Insider
- A... | Business Insider
- A financial psychologist explains why your money problems are 'totally... | Business Insider
- IBM is continuing its blockchain push (IBM) | Business Insider
- American natural gas producers are taking the fight to OPEC | Business Insider