3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What To Expect From OPEC This Week | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Why The Netherlands Repatriated Its Gold | ZeroHedge
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- Explosive Excrement Topples Building In China, 15 Injured | ZeroHedge
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Central Bankers, Fear And Other Bad Counselors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Depressing Reason Why Iran May Have Rejected A Generous Nuclear Deal | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Never Knew About Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- 15 Surprising Foods That Americans Like to Eat on Thanksgiving | TheStreet.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Here's The Incredible Footage Of NASA's Antares Rocket Explosion | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- Hamilton, Rosberg set for title duel in desert | Business Insider