3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BofA Needs A Bigger Chart To Show Energy Multiples | ZeroHedge
- China Is Building Its Future on Credit | Financial Sense
- The Best Investment Ever? | ZeroHedge
- The Cruz Fallout: "An Extraordinary Scene The Like Of Which Has Not Been Seen In A Generation" | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 22 | ZeroHedge
- Will Brexit Put the Bond Bull Out to Pasture? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch an F/A-18 Super Hornet get built from the ground up | Business Insider
- These 'Star Wars' experts gave an incredibly simple explanation on how lightsabers... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump: 'I humbly and gratefully accept your nomination for president of the... | Business Insider
- Jump-start your coding career by learning one of the most widely... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- It's hard to find the button to turn off music shuffle on Apple's new iPhone... | Business Insider