3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bullion Banks "pass the parcel" on El Salvador’s Gold Reserves | ZeroHedge
- Why There's No Economically Sustainable Price For Oil Anymore | ZeroHedge
- Apple Slides After Missing Revenue, China, ASPs Despite Better iPhone Sales, Guidance | ZeroHedge
- Huma Abedin On Hillary: "She Is Still Not Perfect In Her Head" | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
- Why Aren’t Global Markets Freaking Out Over China’s Currency? | Financial Sense
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sheryl Crow petitions DNC and RNC to shorten presidential elections so... | Business Insider
- GM posts a strong beat on third-quarter earnings (GM) | Business Insider
- A Diet Chef ad was banned for implying overweight people need to... | Business Insider
- Trump cites 'secret tape' as evidence Clinton 'wants to take... | Business Insider
- Chipotle misses big on sales but says next year will be great (CMG) | Business Insider
- Some Chinese iPhone owners are giving their old... | Business Insider
- This tight market could trigger the recovery in Tokyo | Business Insider