3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Live, From Athens, It's Anti-Government Protest Live | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- Pop Quiz: How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost? | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Boris Nemtsov Was Assassinated | ZeroHedge
- The "Cashless Economy" Is A Myth | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Lira Tumbles To Record Low As Government Questions Central Bank's Patriotism | ZeroHedge
- As Greece Scrambles To End Its Bank Run, JPM Throws A Wrench: Says Deposit Outflows Continued After "Deal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mesmerizing time-lapse of Arby's 13-hour commercial showing brisket being smoked | Business Insider
- Learn how to program and develop apps with these 4 coding bundles [up to 99% off... | Business Insider
- The science of impressing people has nothing to do with your accomplishments | Business Insider
- Stopgap DHS funding fails in US House, midnight... | Business Insider
- German finance chief softens tone, says Greece 'needs... | Business Insider
- What we're hearing about the new music-streaming service Apple is... | Business Insider
- The 28 hottest exotic cars from the 2015 Geneva Motor Show | Business Insider