3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Stumble On J-Hole But Close Best Week In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Russia Busts European Sanctioned-Fruit Smuggling Ring | ZeroHedge
- FouNDiNG FaTHeRLaND... | ZeroHedge
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs | Financial Sense
- Chuck Hagel Goes Full Fearmonger: "ISIS Poses Greater Threat Than 9/11, Prepare For Everything" | ZeroHedge
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Surprising Demographics Of Who Shops Online And On... | Business Insider
- If You're Still Not Using Siri, Then You're Missing Out | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- CHENEY: Obama Would 'Rather Be On The Golf... | Business Insider
- A Government Agency Says The Obama Administration Broke The Law In... | Business Insider
- The 32 NFL Teams Are Worth More Than Every MLB And NBA Team Combined | Business Insider
- E-COMMERCE AND THE FUTURE OF RETAIL: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider