3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volcker Rule Details Revealed: Compensation For Prop Trading Will Be Barred... Just Not Prop Trading Itself | ZeroHedge
- Euthanasia of the Economy | Financial Sense
- Are Stocks Cheap? | ZeroHedge
- Nothing Worse Than Faded Glory | iBankCoin.com
- Paul Volcker, Dodd-Frank and the Cult of Personality | ZeroHedge
- "The Rent Is Too Damned High" | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's A New Social Network That's Already The Number One App On iPhone | Business Insider
- Macaulay Culkin Is In A Velvet Underground... | Business Insider
- Today's Water-Logged and Getting Wetter Stock: Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) | TheStreet.com
- YouTube Has Influenced Purchase Decisions Among More... | Business Insider
- Why Stratasys Is the 'Behemoth' in 3-D Printing 12147691 | TheStreet.com
- This New App Found A Way To Connect You With The 'Familiar Strangers' You See... | Business Insider
- 5 Charts That Show A Growing Crisis For Renters In America | Business Insider