3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Far Will the Stock Market Rebound Go? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- Futures Fade Entire Overnight Rally | ZeroHedge
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- The Pentagon Will Use 30 Person "Quick-Strike Team" To Deal With Domestic Ebola Patients | ZeroHedge
- EMERGENCY ASSHAT AWARD: COLLIN GILLIS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CEO Of French Oil Giant Total Dies In Moscow Plane... | Business Insider
- The Seahawks Traded Percy Harvin For Almost Nothing, And The Aftermath Is Getting Ugly | Business Insider
- Prince William and wife Kate's second child due in... | Business Insider
- Fab CEO Reveals The Site Was Burning Through $14 Million Before Massive Layoffs... | Business Insider
- Welcome To Lanai, Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison's $300 Million... | Business Insider
- Ebola tops EU meeting with warnings crisis is at... | Business Insider
- 12 Books That Jeff Bezos Thinks Everyone Should Read | Business Insider