3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daniel Pearl Lecture Full of Anti-Trump Puffery by Journal Reporter | ZeroHedge
- Sales and Earnings Back At Highs, But So Are Valuations | Financial Sense
- The 10 Biggest Leaks Of The Trump Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Snyder: "It's About Time We Had A President Willing To Go To War With Mainstream Media" | ZeroHedge
- The Mother Of All Financial Bubbles: "This Is The Very Definition Of Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Russia: "The New American Leaders Are Repeating Obama's Mistakes" | ZeroHedge
- Why Not Replace Bureaucrats with Robots? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- 7 kitchen gadgets under $20 that will change the way you cook | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider
- Here's how to access the iPhone's hidden mode that turns the camera into a... | Business Insider
- A new German poll shows an unexpected challenge for Merkel | Business Insider
- There's a simple reason the percentage of people owning a home is at a historic... | Business Insider
- A Navy SEAL explains what to do if you're attacked by a dog | Business Insider