3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Larry Summers Warns on Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Deepens: Dutch Central Bank Denies Reports It Bought Gold For The First Time In 17 Years | ZeroHedge
- Apple's Cash Is Now Greater Than The Market Cap Of These S&P500 Companies | ZeroHedge
- Greek Stocks Crash, Bonds Plummet, Banks Have Worst Day Ever | ZeroHedge
- US Inflation Expectations Hit Post-Lehman Lows Ahead Of FOMC | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Bullion Best Since The Fed 'Spice' Stopped Flowing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Freezing Liquid Nitrogen Creates Something Amazing | Business Insider
- Tom Brady Is Sick | Business Insider
- IS issues new threat to kill Jordanian pilot | Business Insider
- Here Comes The Fed ... (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Fired-up Serena to face teen Keys in Aussie semi | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: The Fed Isn't Raising Rates Until March 2016 (DIA, SPY, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Uber steers anti-taxi idea to become global phenomenon | Business Insider