3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Economy Crashes To 2-Year Low; China Stocks Plunge, Asian Stocks Test 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
- As China Admits It Lied About Its Local Debt Levels, Local Billionaires Are Quietly Liquidating Their Assets | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- Is This The Most Successful Trade Of The Last Decade? | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- "Everyday Americans" Hillary And Bill Clinton Report $140 Million In Taxable Income Since 2007 | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Farmer Loses Life Savings | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US Treasury still doesn't know what is going on in the... | Business Insider
- These 13 daily habits will seriously improve your life — and they each only take 5... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- There's one crucial reason why I won't wear Converse... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The White House just released a video... | Business Insider
- Some Americans refuse to give up on Confederate flag | Business Insider