3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy Gold, ‘Get Out Of The Stock Market’ Warns Druckenmiller | ZeroHedge
- "Rich" Americans Confidence Crashes Most Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- German Study Proves It – 95% Of Greek "Bailout" Money Went To The Banks | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff: How Trump Can Make America Great Again | ZeroHedge
- Rob Reiner Explains Why Millions Of Americans Support Trump: "They're All Racist" | ZeroHedge
- Haunting Pictures Of A Transportation Recession As Freight Rail Traffic Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Reverses Course, Now Wants To Protect German Borders From Immigrants | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- J.Crew CEO Mickey Drexler is selling his decked-out Tribeca townhouse for $30... | Business Insider
- Video shows the incredible scale of the US military’s... | Business Insider
- The MINI John Cooper Works is one scary... | Business Insider
- A real estate expert who sold an $11 million home in 10 hours explains how to make... | Business Insider
- The Israeli Army has found a second tunnel from Gaza leading into... | Business Insider
- Phablets lead to more mobile app engagement | Business Insider