3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scientists Warn That The Coming California Megaquake Could Plunge Large Portions Of The State Into The Ocean | ZeroHedge
- Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
- Pepe Escobar: Daesh, Creature Of The West | ZeroHedge
- Howard Marks Redux: "There They Go Again" - Why Stock Investors Develop Amnesia | ZeroHedge
- Alex Jones Acquiesces to Alefantis, Broadcasts Apology to Comet Ping Pong for Covering Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Video: Mass Panic Strikes Bellagio As Robbers In Pig Masks Open Fire Inside Rolex Store | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This map explains the roots of France’s growing nationalism | Business Insider
- Is it ACHA or AHCA? A linguist explains why so many people are abbreviating... | Business Insider
- 'TRUMPCARE' JUDGMENT DAY: The GOP's Obamacare replacement... | Business Insider
- Here's how you're told by the President you've been awarded... | Business Insider
- How to measure the terrorism threat after the Westminster attack | Business Insider
- An anti-Trump movement is calling for the boycott of these 36 DAPL-linked banks... | Business Insider
- The US added 400,000 millionaire households in 2016 | Business Insider