3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dropping Oil Prices Threaten Moscow’s Budget | Financial Sense
- NATO Releases Satellite Imagery "Proof" That Russia Has Invaded Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- WHO Worker Ebola Infections Mount: Sierra Leone Lab Shut, Senegal Doctor Flown To Hamburg | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Upward | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Drop YoY For 10th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Politically Correct War: World Stumped At What To Call Ukraine "Events" | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revision Unexpected Rises On Alleged Jump In Capex To Highest Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Frustrating Boston Scientific Is Not What the Investor Ordered | TheStreet.com
- Here Is How Much More College Football Coaches Are Paid Compared To Other Sports | Business Insider
- SolarCity, SunEdison, First Solar Are Sky-High But That Could End Tomorrow | TheStreet.com
- Alibaba Founder Jack Ma Is China's Richest Person | Business Insider
- 'Jessica Jones' Is Next Marvel Netflix Series... | Business Insider
- Dropbox Challenges Google And Amazon In The Cloud By... | Business Insider
- Ebola vaccine trials being fast-tracked: researchers | Business Insider