3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are you Ready to Have Your Faces Chewed Off by Rabid Dogs? | iBankCoin.com
- "Wall of Money" Hitting Market Before 2016-2017 Global Crisis | Financial Sense
- Building Explodes, Collapses In Manhattan, Multiple Injuries Reported - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Fischer: Fed Going From “Ultra Expansionary” to “Extremely Expansionary” | Financial Sense
- Active vs. Passive Redux | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
- Presenting The Theater Of War; Who Controls Yemen? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NYPD's newest technology may be recording... | Business Insider
- Facebook explains why it needs Instagram, WhatsApp, AND... | Business Insider
- Apple reveals how it makes its $10,000 gold watch (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Watch President Obama discuss the war on drugs with the creator... | Business Insider
- The humble first jobs of 15 highly successful people | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Why the iPad business is cratering, in one chart (AAPL) | Business Insider