3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Tumbles Into Red For 2017 On "Computer-Guided Sell Program" | ZeroHedge
- After Trump 'Slip-Up', Transition Team Confirms Jets' Owner Johnson To Be UK Ambassador | ZeroHedge
- "He Wants To Be Emperor" – How Mark Zuckerberg Is Scheming To Become President | ZeroHedge
- Where Are We Going, Where Have We Been? | Financial Sense
- Dear Europe, Trump's Just Not That Into You | ZeroHedge
- US-Supported Syrian White Helmets Involved with War Crimes Committed by Rebel Groups | ZeroHedge
- Overheard At Davos: "So Many People Feel That This Is One Of The Most Dangerous Times" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It's ECB day in Europe — here's what to... | Business Insider
- Google's former king of search is joining Uber to lead the... | Business Insider
- Snapchat's ad targeting is starting to... | Business Insider
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- The Russell Westbrook-Kevin Durant feud reached an ugly apex | Business Insider
- Everyone has got China's debt problem all wrong | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Defeating ISIS 'will be our highest priority' | Business Insider