3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Markets Up on PBOC Move | Financial Sense
- Why An American And A Russian General Are Suddenly Very Worried About Nuclear War | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- Monsanto Furious At World Health Organization For Claiming Weedkiller Causes Cancer | ZeroHedge
- Which Nation Is Bob Pisani Talking About? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 21 | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn Is "Adding More Shorts", Has A Question For Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hubble, the telescope that revolutionized our view of... | Business Insider
- Disney's new 'Tomorrowland' trailer is awesome —... | Business Insider
- REPORT: One of the Koch brothers just revealed which Republican 2016... | Business Insider
- Bomb explodes outside Spanish embassy in Libya:... | Business Insider
- Carson Block sounds like he's having a great day since the co-CEO of one of... | Business Insider
- Russian deputy prime minister: 'The Arctic is a Russian Mecca' | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (GOOG, TWTR, YHOO, IBM) | Business Insider