3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: November 21 | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape - How The Children Of Chinese Oligarchs Live It Up In SoCal | ZeroHedge
- You’ve Been in This Business Too Long If... | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- The NYPD Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street Buys Retailers on High Hopes for Holiday Shopping Season | TheStreet.com
- The Apple Watch Will Have One Key Advantage Over Other Smartwatches (AAPL) | Business Insider
- UN blasts Thai junta for 'Hunger Games' detentions | Business Insider
- Hong Kong democracy movement split in protest-weary city... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay Will Work With Square Starting Next Year (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Old Navy Says It's Controversial Plus-Size Pricing Won't Change | Business Insider
- Why This CEO Tells Job Candidates About Mistakes She's Made | Business Insider