3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Oldest Trick In The Book: Here Is How Johnson & Johnson's "Beat Earnings" Despite Sliding Revenues | ZeroHedge
- Is This 2000, 2007 Or 2011? | ZeroHedge
- The Rise of the Sharing Economy | ZeroHedge
- Oct 13th - Fed's Evans's expects 3 hikes by end of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- How To Shortcut The 10,000 Hour Rule and Make Your Contribution to Life | Altucher Confidential
- Three Obvious Signs The Entire System Is Changing | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Rally On Confusion Whether PBOC Finally Launched QE; US Futures Flat In Holiday Mode | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Royals rally on Correa's error, beat Astros 9-6 to... | Business Insider
- Chinese scientists are developing color-changing... | Business Insider
- Obama had a very contentious interview with '60 Minutes... | Business Insider
- CIA-supplied anti-tank missiles turned... | Business Insider
- Rights group says US-backed Kurds displacing Arabs in... | Business Insider
- INFOGRAPHIC: El Chapo Guzman's prison escape tunnel | Business Insider
- Chiefs RB Charles done for season with knee injury | Business Insider