3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ron Paul On Gold & The Fed's Failed 'Utopian Dream' | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things - Fed Mistake, ECB QE, Housing | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Is "Pressing" Obama For $3 Billion In Financial Aid | ZeroHedge
- Exploring the Clash Within Civilizations | Financial Sense
- This Is Why The ECB's QE Will Work, According To The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Is a Major Bear Market in Stocks Ahead? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- US Inflation Expectations Hit Post-Lehman Lows Ahead Of FOMC | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Investor Heidi Roizen Shared A Disturbing Story That Shows How Difficult... | Business Insider
- How The American Shale Boom Warped The Oil Production Cost Curve (USO, OIL, GS) | Business Insider
- Mercedes-Benz Tells Us How The Super Bowl Gives The... | Business Insider
- Witness Says He Made $60,000 A Month... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- I Still Think Joining A Fraternity Was One Of The Best Decisions I've Ever Made | Business Insider
- IS issues new threat to kill Jordanian pilot | Business Insider