3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Constant Is Gold’s Purchasing Power? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Obama Responds To Veto Override... | ZeroHedge
- All This Market Calm Feels Like Mayhem | ZeroHedge
- NAR Warns "Current Housing Recovery Could Stall" As Pending Home Sales Slump To 7-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Now Smaller Than Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Testimony Live Feed: Five Key Things To Look For | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 20 best colleges for studying abroad | Business Insider
- We tried this company's custom suits, and we'll never buy off-... | Business Insider
- Behind the life and death of a star money manager accused of insider... | Business Insider
- One of the world's largest candy makers is hiring... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to eat a $245 meal at one of New York City's finest restaurants | Business Insider
- A look inside the New York office of Yelp, a $3 billion company that offers its 4,000 employees around... | Business Insider
- 9-year-old gives heartbreaking speech in Charlotte:... | Business Insider