3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Recalls State Duma From Vacation, "Planning Something" On Ukraine Situation | ZeroHedge
- ‘Apocalypse’ Krugman Ignores History, Keynes And Lenin’s Warnings | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Congressional Hearing On Hedge Fund Tax Evasion Through "Fictional Derivatives" - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Rising Wages Where? Real Wages Post First Annual Decline Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- With 1 Week Left Until Argentina's 'D'efault-Day, Judge Blasts "Judgments Are Judgments" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Your Diet Is Stressing You Out | Business Insider
- Finally, A Novel About People Tweeting About Writing Their Novels | Business Insider
- LIVE: APPLE EARNINGS ARE IN LINE WITH EXPECTATIONS (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Michael Bloomberg Accuses Wolf Blitzer Of Insulting America... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple’s R&D Spending... | Business Insider
- Here's Why The EU Still Won't Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com