3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mylan CEO: "The US Healthcare System Bubble Is Going To Burst; This Is No Different Than The Subprime Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 24 | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Calls Epipen Price Increase "Outrageous", As Earnest Calls Mylan Greedy | ZeroHedge
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- FBI Admits Clinton Used Software Designed To "Prevent Recovery" And "Hide Traces Of" Deleted Emails | ZeroHedge
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 32 things you should never say to your boss | Business Insider
- Granola bars aren't what you think they are, new lawsuits claim... | Business Insider
- Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse reveals the most memorable thing he ever ate while... | Business Insider
- Here's one trick for tackling any stressful... | Business Insider
- Mylan says it just cut the price of EpiPens in half — but here's the fine... | Business Insider
- The Rock is now the highest-paid actor in the world — here's who he beat out | Business Insider
- 'You're at war': I went inside the new TSA Academy, where officers... | Business Insider