3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Suisse Raises Gold, Silver Price Targets To $1,500; $18.75, Sees "Significant Physical Deficit" | ZeroHedge
- Defending your liberty with a rifle. | ZeroHedge
- This Will Push The Gold Market Over The Edge | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile On Times Square, Naked Man Taunts Cops; Demands To Speak With Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela: Mired in Crisis, With No Clear Path Ahead | Financial Sense
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- Do the Charts Agree With George Soros on Brexit? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China just hinted it could increase fintech regulation | Business Insider
- Here's the salary you have to earn to buy a home in 19 major US cities | Business Insider
- The next wearable technology could be your skin | Business Insider
- Business Insider Intelligence is hiring a senior... | Business Insider
- Here are the youngest and oldest counties in the US | Business Insider
- The 'Game of Thrones' finale gave Cersei the storyline... | Business Insider
- Facts about today's teens' technology, social media use and sex | Business Insider