3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Chart Obama Does Not Want Merkel To See | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- Eric Cantor Sold For $3.4 Million: Former Head Republican Joins M&A Investment Bank As Vice Chairman | ZeroHedge
- WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? | iBankCoin.com
- You Can’t Fly Away So Fast | iBankCoin.com
- Back To The Future | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spain returns priceless trove of pre-Columbian art to... | Business Insider
- Some People Don't Get Bitten By Mosquitoes — Why That's True Will Surprise... | Business Insider
- ANGELO MOZILO: 'No, No, No, We Didn't Do Anything Wrong' | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Buy The Insane Ranch Of 'Mr. Las Vegas' For A... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, TSLA, HD, SPLS, ODP,... | Business Insider
- New Video Provides A Stunningly Detailed Look At The iPhone 6 | Business Insider
- Workers At Tesco, Britain's Most Disastrous... | Business Insider