3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Congress Passes Bill In 15 Minutes To Revoke Americans' Passports Without Due Process | ZeroHedge
- It’s All About the Fed Today | Financial Sense
- Head Of Collapsed Mt.Gox Exchange Arrested With Half A Billion In Bitcoin Still Unaccounted | ZeroHedge
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Bathtub Economics Brigade Blathers On, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- This Coal Mine Valued At $630 Million In 2011 Just Sold For One Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Shocker: Quarterly Increase In Wages Is Smallest On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- J.J. Abrams literally broke his back helping... | Business Insider
- 'White hats' on China's internet are growing rapidly | Business Insider
- Wildfires are wreaking havoc on California | Business Insider
- We asked an exercise scientist how many days a week you need to work out to actually... | Business Insider
- Joe Biden is reportedly considering challenging Hillary | Business Insider
- How to save a ton of money when using your smartphone overseas | Business Insider
- 10 things you should never do at a dinner party, according to a longtime... | Business Insider