3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "A Generation That Has Never Been Told 'No'" Daniel Hannan Destroys Anti-Trump Protestors' Safe Spaces | ZeroHedge
- BRICS Caught Between India and China | Financial Sense
- Death, Gold, & Taxes | ZeroHedge
- 7 Reasons that the Corporate Media Is Pro-War | ZeroHedge
- Yahoo's Advice To Trump: Educate Children In Media Literacy To Combat Fake News | ZeroHedge
- Trump Team Confirms Dakota Access Support Has "Nothing To Do With Personal Investments" In Pipeline Builder | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, Futures, Commodities, Dollar Fall Ahead Of Payrolls, Italy Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 traits that are crucial for a long and happy... | Business Insider
- 'Republicans oppose this, remember?': Sarah Palin slams Trump for 'crony... | Business Insider
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- Russia central bank: Hackers stole over $31... | Business Insider
- Sears is on the brink of catastrophe as stores closures loom and top execs flee the company (... | Business Insider
- This new shoe brand makes some of the best pairs... | Business Insider
- Jessica Chastain talks ambition and male costars who are paid 'seven times... | Business Insider