3 Travel Stocks Worth a Look
They are Orbitz (OWW), JetBlue (JBLU) and Trip Advisor (TRIP).
Let's kick it off with Orbitz (OWW), which is currently selling off before earnings this Thursday, to the tune of -5%. We think that with the earnings surprise that Expedia dished out last week due to strength in their Hotel business, Orbitz has the potential to surprise as well - even though they don't have as big a presence in Hotels as Expedia does.
If you're feeling like gamble then buy before earnings this Thursday, however, this Stockmaster is going to wait to hear the news first before jumping in with an intermediate to long-term hold.
Over the past 12 months Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW) shares have traded between $1.57 and its 52-week high of $4.49. Orbitz Worldwide Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.36.
Next up, JetBlue (JBLU) is trading right in them middle of its 52 week range at $4.79. The company recently reported great Q1 earnings, meeting expectations on revenues and beating on earnings per share. Net margins expanded during the quarter thanks to a hike on their rates. Air Travel is projected to increase this year and we like JBLU's position in the industry.
And lastly, Trip Advisor (TRIP) reports earnings today after the close. At the same time, TripAdvisor's U.S. traffic trend is relatively upbeat. Tracker ComScore says that U.S. visitors to TripAdvisor surged 35% in Q1, so we're expecting a decent earnings call but nothing out of this world. This is only Trip's second earnings call since IPO, so unless it's a complete disaster, it should be a non-event. Again I'd like to see the reaction to the call before diving in on TRIP.
Over the past 12 months TripAdvisor Inc (TRIP) shares have traded between $23.99 and its 52-week high of $37.85. TripAdvisor Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 28.1 and EPS of 1.34.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Not Scared Yet. Still Bear Hunting | iBankCoin.com
- NATO General Warns, Putin Is A "Dangerous Gambler... Willing To Use Nuclear Weapons" | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Bull Market in Bonds Now Ending - Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- The Happiness Industry: How Government And Big Business Manipulate Your Moods For Profit | ZeroHedge
- Enough With the Greeks Already | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap May 26, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Is Inflation on Our Doorstep? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A developer accidentally leaked a huge amount of information about one of the world... | Business Insider
- Why Elon Musk sets nearly impossible goals for SpaceX employees | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (FB, TWTR, MSFT,... | Business Insider
- Apple wants to make your iPhone smart enough to... | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker's stunning 2015 presentation on the state of the web | Business Insider
- Reserve now to save $1500 on your extra-early-bird ticket to IGNITION | Business Insider
- The Russian government is taking on Android and the iPhone... | Business Insider