3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Tops $1200 As China Cuts, Draghi Jawbones | ZeroHedge
- The Astonishing Rise of Central Bank Fear | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Still Lower Prices Ahead For Oil? | Financial Sense
- Why Tony Robbins Is Asking The Wrong Questions | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
- Have Central Banks Entered An Undeclared War? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Battling Ebola: the worst of humanitarian missions | Business Insider
- Trouble in Casinoland: Caesars, Revel, Trump Entertainment Resorts | TheStreet.com
- Your Facebook App Is Quietly Clogging Up Your iPhone | Business Insider
- Someone Invented A Watch That Can Shoot Real Lasers — And You Need To See It In Action To Believe It | Business Insider
- Netflix Still Dominates Web Traffic Even as Amazon Keeps Growing | TheStreet.com
- Fears of army influence as interim Burkina PM picks team... | Business Insider
- The UK Has More Offshore Wind Turbines... | Business Insider