3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Cash Always Be Trash, Or Will It One Day Be King? | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Tiger Riding Dilemma Keeps Interest Rates Near Zero | Financial Sense
- Hans-Werner Sinn Fears Europe's "Very Messy" Easy-Money Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
- Pentagon "Loses Track" Of Equipment From $750mm Bomb-Spotting Program, Finds On eBay & Craigslist | ZeroHedge
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- Oil Slides As Inventories Trump Iran-Yemen Push-Pull | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unboxing: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Soyuz spacecraft with Russian, US astronauts docks at ISS... | Business Insider
- Hurry Kane quickly off mark, Spain sink Ukraine | Business Insider
- Goldman's plan to take over Wall Street's commodities... | Business Insider
- A company is projecting images of people napping on the sides of... | Business Insider
- Heartbreaking details emerge about 2 men who are missing after a... | Business Insider