3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Factory Orders Surged Most In 16 Months (Before The Election) | ZeroHedge
- Italy's Monte Paschi Told To "Prepare For State Bailout" | ZeroHedge
- Virginia Schools Ban 'To Kill A Mockingbird,' 'Huck Finn' Over Racial Slurs | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump Is Time Magazine's 2016 "Person Of The Year" | ZeroHedge
- China’s FX Reserves Drops Most in 10 Months; Yuan at 8 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Amazon Goes Offline With Bricks-And-Mortar Grocery Chain; Envisions Opening 2,000 Stores | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top Republican says he won't back Trump's plan for huge tariffs | Business Insider
- Search and rescue efforts are underway for a missing US Marine pilot off Japan... | Business Insider
- Democrats have no good outcomes if they try to oppose Mattis for Defense... | Business Insider
- A new billboard for 'Man in the High Castle' shows... | Business Insider
- Trump slams Alec Baldwin: 'His imitation of me is... | Business Insider
- Theresa May unveils steps to deepen defense... | Business Insider
- 9 things you didn't know about Air Force One | Business Insider