3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Note the Weak Ones, Too | iBankCoin.com
- The Taper Trade | Financial Sense
- Venezuela Runs Out Of Toilet Paper | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd Continent Out: Total Bank Assets As % Of GDP | ZeroHedge
- Auditing The IRS: "Is There Any Limit To The Scope Where You Folks Can Go?" | ZeroHedge
- Latvia Joins Greece In Deflation As EU Inflation Slumps | ZeroHedge
- Why Japan Is Bad For The World | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There Are Only A Few Hours Left For Facebook To Rush In And Break Up The Yahoo-Tumblr Deal... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Why The US Open Finals Moving To ESPN Is A Huge Win For... | Business Insider
- Satellite Images Show The Utter Precision Of Israel's Airstrike On Damascus... | Business Insider
- Unbelievable Pictures Of Wildlife From The National Geographic Traveler Photo... | Business Insider
- Tumblr, The Company Yahoo Wants To Buy For $1 Billion, Gets A Lot Of Traffic From Stolen Content And... | Business Insider
- Samsung's S4 Starts Strong: 10 Million Units In Less Than A Month (GOOG, AAPL) | Business Insider