3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Google Or Apple, FactSet Asks "Who's Bigger"? | ZeroHedge
- Even The Fed's "Owners" Aren't Buying What Janet Is Selling | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
- Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash | Financial Sense
- An Exasperated John Kerry Throws In Towel On Syria: "What Do You Want Me To Do, Go To War With The Russians?!" | ZeroHedge
- 2016 EPS Growth Estimates Slashed By 50% Just One Month Into The Year | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Admits The U.S. May Already Be In A Recession | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The grass at the Super Bowl is awful, and players on... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Bud Light just revealed its obsession with American millennials | Business Insider
- This travel photographer takes his dog around the world with him | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Twitter CEO debunks idea that Twitter will become more like... | Business Insider
- A simple trick can help you lose weight | Business Insider