3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brits Lead Revolt Against Age Of Inequality, BofAML Favors "Gold, Vol, & Cash Positions" | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Scotland Threatens To Veto Brexit | ZeroHedge
- A TeRRiBLe ACCiDeNT IN THe ALPS... | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Shock To Status Quo, Spanish Left-Wing Parties Set To Win Parliamentary Majority | ZeroHedge
- "Choppy Conditions" - British Pound, Stocks Plunge As Market Await China Open | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The secret to consuming 5 hot dogs in under a minute: Water | Business Insider
- Geologists have been trying to solve... | Business Insider
- Turmoil at one of the world's largest oil producers might drive up prices | Business Insider
- These are the 25 most reliable new cars of 2016 | Business Insider
- 2 dead, several injured at Fort Worth dance studio shooting... | Business Insider
- Step inside the cockpits of these iconic aircraft | Business Insider
- These 19 cities are the best places for women to launch a successful... | Business Insider