3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche CEO Goes Full 'Dick Fuld': Bailout "Out Of The Question" Sees "Few Risks... Comfortable Liquidity" | ZeroHedge
- The Banquet Of Consequences Is Being Served (By The Central Banking Cartel) | ZeroHedge
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Has Another "Aleppo Moment" | ZeroHedge
- The Brave New World of Human Cloning | Financial Sense
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- Pay Attention to How Oil Reacts the Day After OPEC News (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spotify’s newest board member shows how important video is to its future (NFLX) | Business Insider
- India conducted 'surgical strikes' on... | Business Insider
- US approves $7 billion sale of dozens of fighter... | Business Insider
- This is how you use the famous 'manettino' on a Ferrari (RACE) | Business Insider
- Elon Musk just slammed Tesla discounting rumors — but maybe he shouldn't have... | Business Insider
- A $69 million superyacht with its own library and Jacuzzi... | Business Insider
- Here are all of the things I put in the gigantic bed of a Ford Super Duty pickup — the... | Business Insider