3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fukushima Radiation To Reach West Coast Next Month | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror | Financial Sense
- The "Harsh Weather" Verdict: 19% Spent Less, 27% Spent More, 55% Spent The Same | ZeroHedge
- PLUG Unplugged | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Military Conducts Training Drill, To Test "Combat Readiness" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Troops Open Fire In Crimea, Reuters Reports As Kerry Delays Russia Visit | ZeroHedge
- Wide Spreads to Keep in Mind | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Global Equity Markets Unmoved by European Recovery Thesis | TheStreet.com
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- Teaser Trailer For The Return Of '24' Shows Jack Bauer In Trouble | Business Insider
- Target Disastrously Photoshops Teen Swimsuit Model | Business Insider
- Allegedly Corrupt Politician Seems To Be Planning A Golf Fundraiser — Without The Golf | Business Insider
- NFL Draft Bust Blaine Gabbert Traded To The 49ers, Will Make Twice As Much Money As... | Business Insider
- On The Heels Of Its App Store Launch, Pebble Announces Its First-Ever Developer Challenge... | Business Insider