3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Equity Research Faces "Major Disruption" As Study Finds "Less Than 1%" Of Reports Are Actually Read | ZeroHedge
- Retired Texas Teachers "Very Fed Up" As Healthcare Costs Set To Triple | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley Finds A "Stunning Divergence" In The Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 29 | ZeroHedge
- This Is The 6 Page Letter Delivered From The UK To The US Triggering Article 50: Full Text | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 221: Tucker Max – The Top Five Things I Learned From Tucker Max | Altucher Confidential
- February Pending Home Sales Surge Most Since 2010 (And Plunge Most Since Nov 2014) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Senator from ground zero of the opioid crisis has no idea what he's talking about | Business Insider
- The price of ivory has plummeted in a 'hopeful... | Business Insider
- Some of the biggest hedge funds are closing — here's what it takes to launch one today | Business Insider
- Top financial adviser: Thanks to technology, 'Everything you think about the... | Business Insider
- Report: White House officials helped give House Intel chair... | Business Insider
- Emma Watson revealed one of Belle's iconic 'Beauty and... | Business Insider
- How to make a LinkedIn page that wows recruiters, according to the guy who just... | Business Insider