3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "If Something Rattles This Ponzi Scheme, Life In America Will Change Overnight" | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Warships Attacking Syrian Militants From Afar | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Pushes Higher | Financial Sense
- Why Is China Hoarding Gold? Alan Greenspan Explains | ZeroHedge
- Corporate Profits and Market Peaks - Are We There Yet? | Financial Sense
- The Gap Down Will Be Glorious | iBankCoin.com
- Why Oil Prices Are Dropping Despite Mideast Unrest | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- This Is What CNBC Looks Like In China When... | Business Insider
- LIVE: Microsoft Is Giving Us A Look At The New Version Of Windows, Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Bentley's Flagship Mulsanne Sedan Just Got Meaner And Greener | Business Insider
- BREMMER: 'We’re Likely To See Violence' If... | Business Insider
- Buried In Too Much Student Debt? Here's One Potential Solution | Business Insider
- Hong Kong leader demands protests end 'immediately' | Business Insider