3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- The Most Important Thing Willy Wonka Ever Said | Altucher Confidential
- Frontrunning: August 30 | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Central Bank Holds $129 Billion in Equities, Owns More Public Shares of Facebook Than Zuckerberg | Financial Sense
- Greek 'Thought Police' Prosecute Bishop For (Accurately) Calling 'Refugees', "Illegal Migrants" | ZeroHedge
- Metabolizing Japan, the World's Oldest Nation | Financial Sense
- Ep. 182: Caleb Carr – The Curse of Knowledge | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Department of Defense employees rang up over $1 million in... | Business Insider
- This flying car is real and it can fly 430 miles on a full tank | Business Insider
- CHART: US payrolls growth almost always disappoints in... | Business Insider
- Don't buy extended warranties | Business Insider
- 5 things to know about the new Earth-like planet | Business Insider
- Nintendo is in a bad place and needs a hit more than ever | Business Insider
- This brick-laying robot can build a house in just two days | Business Insider