3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of "The Clinton Machine" | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts: "Putin's Nukes Could Wipe Out Entire American East Coast" In Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Small Stocks Threaten Breakdown – Can They Hang On? | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: How Russian Soldiers Prepare For Nuclear War | ZeroHedge
- Rules For Rulers (Or How The World Really Works) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple is obsessed with this hipster bakery in San Francisco | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- This is exactly what a hiring manager scans for when reviewing résumés | Business Insider
- We took a look inside the luxury movie theater chain that's taking over... | Business Insider
- This lightweight coat is your most important business casual piece for fall | Business Insider
- 50 trips everyone should take in South America | Business Insider
- Microsoft has plunged into the VR market (MSFT) | Business Insider