3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Is Really Driving Gold | Financial Sense
- 11 Signs That We Are Entering The Next Phase Of The Global Economic Crisis | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Market Soup | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How A CIA Drone Strike Killed US/EU Hostages In January - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "Crash Boys" - Michael Lewis Slays The Regulators In The Sarao Scapegoating Debacle | ZeroHedge
- When To Put On Bill Gross' Big Bund Short: Citi Explains | ZeroHedge
- How The Second Tech Bubble Will Burst, In The Words Of Silicon Valley's "Poster Child" And World's Youngest Billionaire | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary isn't the only 2016 contender being targeted by... | Business Insider
- 6 rules for umbrella etiquette every modern gentleman should follow | Business Insider
- STOCKS HIT ALL-TIME HIGHS: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, WTI, USO, OIL, GLD,... | Business Insider
- GM Q1 profits up less than expected | Business Insider
- Greek Finance Minister: It's not complicated – we just have to convince our... | Business Insider
- Armenia marks emotional centenary of Ottoman massacres | Business Insider
- Diet Pepsi is getting rid of one of its cornerstone ingredients in a desperate attempt to... | Business Insider