3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Stanley Fischer Speaks - More Drivel From A Dangerous Academic Fool | ZeroHedge
- If The Fed Is Always Wrong, How Can It's Policies Ever Be Right? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Suffer Biggest Monthly Drop In Five Years As Oil Spikes Most Since 1990 | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- Citi Slams Today's Historic Oil Surge: "Another False Start, Time To Fade The Rally" | ZeroHedge
- Polish Government Confirms Discovery Of Nazi "Gold Train", Warns It May Be Booby-Trapped | ZeroHedge
- The Countdown To Europe’s Next Crisis Has Started: 28 Days To Go | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon and Microsoft just scored a huge $100 million... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump may be dooming the GOP with a 10%... | Business Insider
- Nicki Minaj just called out Miley Cyrus at the VMAs for talking about... | Business Insider
- Someone already made a 'Ready for Kanye' PAC | Business Insider
- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger... | Business Insider
- This app will change the way you book flights | Business Insider
- Miley Cyrus bares nipple on VMAs | Business Insider