3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is Where The IMF's Christine Lagarde Is Working On Her Tan Right Now | ZeroHedge
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Cleric Blasts Twitter As "Source Of All Evil" As Riyal Slides To Lowest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Feeding Off the Big $CAT Today | iBankCoin.com
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why A Feminist Professor Is Teaching An Entire Class About Beyoncé | Business Insider
- Sweden Is Learning Just How Insanely Difficult It Is To Capture An Enemy... | Business Insider
- Schumacher will need years to recover says doctor | Business Insider
- This App Scans Your Proportions And Mails You A Custom-Fitted Shirt | Business Insider
- Here's What It Means When Your Headache Is In A Specific Part Of Your Head... | Business Insider
- Britain's Queen Elizabeth sends first tweet | Business Insider
- Apple Will Find Jobs For Employees At Its Bankrupt Supplier (... | Business Insider