3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Actually Apple's Net Cash Hasn't Grown In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Turkish PM Cuts Ties With US, Mulls De-Dollarization With Russia | ZeroHedge
- MH17: For Bankers, Every Crisis and Tragedy is an Opportunity to Manufacture Profits | ZeroHedge
- Europe Agrees To Disagree Over New Russian Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Business Outlook: Fifth Month of Growth | Financial Sense
- A BRieF MeSSaGe ReGaRDiNG RaCiSM... | ZeroHedge
- Index Review | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What We Know About The Secretive, Elon Musk-Backed Firm Creating Functional... | Business Insider
- China's Total Debt Surges To 251% Of GDP | Business Insider
- Here's How Specially Formulated Pills Keep Addicts From Abusing Them | Business Insider
- Robo-Advisors Vs. Financial Advisors: Which Is Better For Your Money? | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Woman Posts Selfie To Facebook Of Her Wearing Allegedly Stolen... | Business Insider
- Top High School Basketball Player Signs $1.2 Million Contract In China Instead Of Going To College... | Business Insider