3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- While the World Watches Greece THIS is Happening | ZeroHedge
- Greece Has Spent A Half-Century In Default Or Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- They Want To Use "Hate Speech Laws" To Destroy Freedom Of Speech In America | ZeroHedge
- FDIC Sounds Alarm On Insolvent, "Zero Hedged" Oil & Gas Producers | ZeroHedge
- BofA's Dire Prediction: Only Direct Government Buying Can Save China Stocks Now | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of A Greek ATM | ZeroHedge
- Cash On A Greek Bank Account? *Poof* It’s Gone! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Republican presidential candidate has the sickest Donald Trump burn yet | Business Insider
- Inside Hillary Clinton's evolution from Girl Scout to presidential frontrunner | Business Insider
- Intense video of underground drone racing in a basement in Australia | Business Insider
- Don't expect work-life balance if you want to be rich | Business Insider
- A 29-year-old has crowdsourced $2 million to save Greece | Business Insider
- 'Scores' killed by Nigeria female suicide bombers | Business Insider
- 22 fascinating facts about the majority of Americans | Business Insider