3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: "Nothing But Cattle In An Industrial Processing Facility" | ZeroHedge
- Simply Dreadful US Jobs Report | Financial Sense
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
- Global Dollar Funding Shortage Intesifies To Worst Level Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- The Media-Opoly: Cancelled, From Saturday Night, It's Conspiracy Theory Rock! | ZeroHedge
- A Mosaic Of Facts - Media Weapons Of Mass Delusion | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Merseyside derby throws up sixth draw in seven | Business Insider
- No. 12 Clemson holds off No. 6 Notre Dame 24-22 | Business Insider
- 1 tweet from Hillary Clinton sent these stocks into a tailspin, and now Wall Street... | Business Insider
- No. 22 Michigan smothers Maryland 28-0 in Big Ten opener | Business Insider
- Biden backs transgender military service as US weighs... | Business Insider
- I tried an unlimited blowout startup called Vive, and it's... | Business Insider
- Scholars predicting historical Mormon leadership decision... | Business Insider