3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Abort? EURUSD In Catastrophe Mode | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Currency Crisis and Defaults Could Create Contagion in West | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- The Annotated History of US Dollar Debauchery | ZeroHedge
- The Santa Claus Rally is Now | iBankCoin.com
- No Fade Today | iBankCoin.com
- No More "Considerable Time" - Meet The New, "Patient" Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Garbage Collectors Share The Most Bizarre Things They’ve Ever Found On The Job... | Business Insider
- Syrian Hackers Got Into This News Website And Threatened... | Business Insider
- Here's When All Your Favorite Shows Are Returning To TV | Business Insider
- Abercrombie Rejected A 17-Year-Old Girl For A Job, And Now The... | Business Insider
- Apple suppliers accused of poor treatment of workers | Business Insider
- Fitbit's Newest Fitness Tracker Is Great For The Price, But You Probably Shouldn't Buy... | Business Insider
- ZUCKERBERG'S GREATEST STEAL: Instagram Now Worth $35 Billion,... | Business Insider