3 Restaurant Stocks worth a trade
We like Sonic Corp (SONC), Einstein Noah Restaurants (BAGL), and last but not least, Hasselhoff's favorite burger joint: Wendy's Company (WEN).
Without further ado, here is why we like these tasty places.
Sonic Corp (SONC)
Shares of Sonic Corp recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern where the stock hit multiple bottoms. The floor is in, the question is how high can shares go?
The bull flag that Sonic is sporting is looking very tempting, but expect to find a little resistance at the 200 day moving average, around $8.65. With shares trading at $7.88 today, that's a 10% gain in the short term if the market cooperates. Out of the 3 stocks we've picked, SONC has the best chart setup.
Einstein Noah Restaurants (BAGL)
Noah's Bagels are popping up all over the place. As of last November, it owned 750 restaurants in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Look for continued growth out of BAGL, and the 3.62% dividend yield helps by paying you to own shares.
Of the 3 picks, Noah's Bagels chart is the least pretty, recently plowing through all of the moving averages to the downside and even breaking through the lower channel, as shown by the blue line in the chart. However, if you believe we are in a bull market and the economy is recovering, this poses as a great buying opportunity to get in on shares of this Dividend paying stock.
Wendy's Company (WEN)
David Hasselhoff. Need we say more? OK the real reason we like Wendy's is the insider buying going on. At a time when the market is near all time highs, it's refreshing to see management putting their money where their mouth is. In the case of Wendy's, insiders have scooped up 21,760,400 shares valued at $106,655,764. That's throwing down some serious dough. (Insider trading data from Finviz.com)
With a 52 week range of $4.27 - $5.57, Wendy's is a pretty stable place to put your hard earned cash, and who knows, maybe the insiders know something we don't - thus all the insider buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Student And Car Loans Account For 102% Of All New February Consumer Credit | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Responds: "Sick Of [El-Erian] Undermining" Him | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Is US Losing The New Cold War? | ZeroHedge
- Renminbi Depreciation Poses Risk to Chinese Economy | Financial Sense
- ($XXII) 22nd Century Groups Gets NYSE Approval, VIRTU is DMM | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Mysterious Firm That Is About To Leave Blythe Masters Without A Job | ZeroHedge
- Ken Rogoff: Is This As Good As It Gets For This Generation? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This HD Video From Space Is Going To Change The World | Business Insider
- Here's The Trailer For The New 'Cosmos' Series That Debuts... | Business Insider
- LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION STAYS AT 63% | Business Insider
- GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016 | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Swedish DJ Avicii Spent $15.5 Million On This Bonkers... | Business Insider
- 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell in March | TheStreet.com
- 23 Incredibly Successful People Who Failed At First | Business Insider