2 Energy Stocks to Buy Now
Today we have a couple more to add to the buy list. Chesapeake Energy (CHK) and Apache Energy (APA). Read on to see why Darth Vader loves these stocks. You should know all the reasons by now why oil & gas are up (Iran, etc.)
So, let's get straight to the stock picks, one-two shabadoo style:
Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Over the past 12 months, Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) shares have traded between $20.41 and its 52-week high of $35.75. Chesapeake Energy Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 11.3 and EPS of 2.21.
Chesapeake's chart is looking very nice, with a recent breakout from the downward-spiraling channel it's been stuck in since last August. As long as Oil stays strong, we should see CHK climb back up, hit a little resistance at $26.75, then back up the $30's. Very little downside here and a lot of upside potential.
Apache Energy (APA)
Over the past 12 months, Apache Corp (APA) shares have traded between $73.04 and its 52-week high of $134.13. Apache Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 9.5 and EPS of 11.51.
Apache's chart is set up technically even better than Chesapeake's. The 50 day moving average just recently crossed the 200 day MA, signaling the "golden cross" that I talk about so much here at the Masters. Apache could see price move back up to $120 in short order.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
- Gold And The Grave Dancers | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Planet Obama | ZeroHedge
- The World's Second Biggest Stock Is Crushing A 28-Year Trendline | ZeroHedge
- Crude Tumbles Near $46 Handle As US Oil Rig Count Rises For 2nd Week | ZeroHedge
- Exxon Earnings: Carnage | ZeroHedge
- Don't Exaggerate Significance of SNB's Loss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett's investing acumen is demonstrated brilliantly in this... | Business Insider
- NBA player Deron Williams is selling his NYC penthouse for $18 million more than he... | Business Insider
- Japan police arrest MtGox CEO over loss of bitcoins: media... | Business Insider
- Jazeera journalists await Egypt retrial verdict | Business Insider
- The biggest winners and losers in the NBA offseason | Business Insider
- How nice guys can finish first | Business Insider
- Argentine exec pleads not guilty in FIFA case | Business Insider