2 Energy Stocks to Buy Now
Today we have a couple more to add to the buy list. Chesapeake Energy (CHK) and Apache Energy (APA). Read on to see why Darth Vader loves these stocks. You should know all the reasons by now why oil & gas are up (Iran, etc.)
So, let's get straight to the stock picks, one-two shabadoo style:
Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Over the past 12 months, Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) shares have traded between $20.41 and its 52-week high of $35.75. Chesapeake Energy Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 11.3 and EPS of 2.21.
Chesapeake's chart is looking very nice, with a recent breakout from the downward-spiraling channel it's been stuck in since last August. As long as Oil stays strong, we should see CHK climb back up, hit a little resistance at $26.75, then back up the $30's. Very little downside here and a lot of upside potential.
Apache Energy (APA)
Over the past 12 months, Apache Corp (APA) shares have traded between $73.04 and its 52-week high of $134.13. Apache Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 9.5 and EPS of 11.51.
Apache's chart is set up technically even better than Chesapeake's. The 50 day moving average just recently crossed the 200 day MA, signaling the "golden cross" that I talk about so much here at the Masters. Apache could see price move back up to $120 in short order.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE GIMP IS OUT | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Official: Gold Is Now The Most Hated Asset Class | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 17 | ZeroHedge
- Fishing Out These Three Small Cap Plays Off Everyone’s Radar | iBankCoin.com
- Dollar Bull Run | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Europe's EUR 500 Billion Ticking NPLTime Bomb | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 05/17: (YHOO... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's How The IRS Planted The Question That... | Business Insider
- Financial Times Website And Twitter Feeds Defaced By Syrian Hackers | Business Insider
- The Stock Market Is Ripping Higher To End The Week | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Leading Pakistani Politician Zahra Shahid Hussain Shot Dead Outside... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com